Sick of people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Maybe this is just because iv had a bad day but I have had enough of people not taking me serious with this hobby I just spent a few hours trying to keep a foxface alive but he sadly died but everyone was like just kill it it's only a fish or laughing at me for trying to help it yeah maybe it died in the end but at least I tried just so annoyed at them

People don't get it.. Than again when I see someone with a sweater on their tiny dog.. Hmmmm

I've worked hard to keep some fish alive and when a few end up dying, people just say, just get another fish.

Trust me the amount of idiots that walk through the door of the lfs I work at who think they know everything and don't listen is limitless. Ex: I had a guy who claimed to have been doing sw for 35 years come in. He got a very healthy looking powder brown and flame angel for his "125". Took them both home. 2 hours later he comes back in with a beat to hell powder brown and wants to give it back. Apparently he only had an 80 with a yellow that destroyed the powder brown. Fish died shortly thereafter. Guess 35 years isn't enough to know that tank is to small for a powder brown and a yellow.

I read that national geographic will have a "goldfish bowl" on super bowl Sunday. 4 hours of filming goldfish in a bowl. Disturbing. If it was a pond or tropical tank I would watch it but I don't filming goldfish in bowls for the public to see

I read that national geographic will have a "goldfish bowl" on super bowl Sunday. 4 hours of filming goldfish in a bowl. Disturbing. If it was a pond or tropical tank I would watch it but I don't filming goldfish in bowls for the public to see
So it's like puppy bowl with goldfish?

:picksupclosestchairandbreaksoverownhead:

Just like the puppy bowl but goldfish in a bowl. I'm not sure what the size is but I don't like the sound of it. If the show was a recording of a planted tank or a reef tank that would be 4 hours well spent

There's a guy that comes in and claims that his eels keep disappearing. So he keeps buying FW eels. It makes me sad knowing how irresponsible people are.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think the best is when someone is like:
Aquariums are so stupid theres no point to them.
I enjoy watching my fish, even though I often can't interact with them like a dog, they're definitely considered pets in my eyes.

Some people are amazed at how attached I can get to some fish like my pearl gouramis and my angelfish. When people make fun of me for being upset that I lost a fish, I find it harder to sympathize for people who lose a dog

Some people are amazed at how attached I can get to some fish like my pearl gouramis and my angelfish. When people make fun of me for being upset that I lost a fish, I find it harder to sympathize for people who lose a dog

Yeah, I've definitely come to love my African Dwarf Frogs. They're so funny to watch.

Haha my gf just made fun of me for saying I've buried some of my fish that have died...:(

My girlfriend lives the fish but laughs when they die her mum and brothers thought it was funny how he was stuck in the power head and her brother was happy it died I was pretty annoyed at him he has been so disrespectful lately I got his ps3 at the moment cos he was naughty haha

My gf's friends had an intervention for her last weekend because I have set up 3 new tanks in as many months.. She told them to mind their own business;) that's my girl!!

Here is my take on this as I don't sugar coat things....Why do you guys care about what other people think or if they take you seriously? I might be coming off as an _ _ _ but really...Do what you like & love, & if it makes you feel better that you tried to keep your fish alive that's all the counts. The world is a tough place & if this is really is bothering you....Many of you are in for a rude awaking.

Here is my take on this as I don't sugar coat things....Why do you guys care about what other people think or if they take you seriously? I might be coming off as an _ _ _ but really...Do what you like & love, & if it makes you feel better that you tried to keep your fish alive that's all the counts. The world is a tough place & if this is really is bothering you....Many of you are in for a rude awaking.

Lol very true there are much worse things in life than a fish dying.

Dogs do freeze to death just like humans. They are not impervious to the cold because they have a thin fur coating.
Uhh ohh, whole notha debate my friend! Why get a husky if you live in Arizona? Why get a chihuahua if you live in maine?! Why get a 10" Oscar for a 10 gal tank? Why..... :head explodes:

Back
Top Bottom