slowly making a return

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
As many may have noticed I all of a sudden disappeared for almost a month . I'd like to thank the ones who pmed with concern ,

As many know I have terminal cancer and my immune system is very weak.
I some how came down with pneumonia again It took me to a very far delusion. I felt like my time was to end. I accepted that a long while back , it brought me peace about death .

I had no energy to the point I could not move , I was a total zombie for almost 4 weeks , didn't help having a crazy old lady with Alzheimer's banging on the walls and floor all day and night . my energy is slowly coming back but I found one bad down fall with my illness , when I get extremely stressed out and that's happening a lot I don't know why but my lower back gives me a extreme pain that stops me in my tracks , almost like 1000s of knives being jabbed in . it's very unbarable I am almost parallelized,

I am slowly making a come back but things will be slow for a little while till I fully recover . theirs a funny part of all this about 2 days before I crashed I was joking about me having pneumonia 2 years ago and once I was released from the hosp I went to Vail to see my brother , No one would have thought especially me it would be 20* below 0* . how I didn't come down with it again was amazing . but talk about it it hit like a monster. I will be in and out as I make a full recovery , In the mean time this is a very good time to add your tanks to the photography section "Full tank shots" I am going to try to have TOTM back up and running by May

Sorry to hear you are going through this. My mother battled terminal cancer for a couple years so I feel for you. I give you all my blessings. God bless you and your struggles.

Been wondered where you went. Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like alot of pain, we're all here for ya with our prayers of hope. missed reading your advice! You are one of the wise ones! Take care of yourself. No stress... Think happy thoughts!

I didn't ask but I got my own personal care taker . its odd how I got a instant personal nurse but it took god knows how long to get one for the mother in law ; shes been following me around getting a idea of my daily routine , telling me if I can or can not do it with my energy levels , they have been pumping in me bags of potassium and electrolytes . I am no longer allowed to drive as theirs a risk I can pass out behind the wheel and wreck .

but that's not going to stop me on the trails I enjoy the mountains . I cant count how many old gold mines Ive come across , even found a old abandoned post office that dates back to the early 1800s.

I almost cracked up when she told me I'm to avoid my mother in law Alzheimer/dementia as its too much stress . oh I thanked her as I giggled that really made my day , she allowed me to prefab walls for a project Im doing but I have to do it sitting on the deck . slow and tedious but at least I get to do what I enjoy . kind of wondering if the dr told her Im thick headed :D

since having pneumonia again my nephropathy has gotten to the point it's unbarable
In my neck I get a electrical surging feeling that shoots straight to my feet, another new issue is if Im stressed I get a sharp stabbing feeling in my back it drops me to the ground , it's so intense it puts tears in my eyes ,

I have a appointment with a neurologist this week hopefully he can correct what is causing all this pain . when I had all my scans and x rays done they did encounter 3 new hot spots from my cancer the first is in my throat on the other-side of where the last one was , the second is dead center just below my rib cage , the third is under my left arm pit the same place where it was discovered almost 14 years ago.

it's hard to explain how I feel as I excepted what can happen years ago what was to be 6 months surprised me along with the drs turned out to be 14 yrs , I know my luck cant hold out forever but I make the best of what I got . Ive done some crazy things over the years . had fun doing them but no one else would ever take that insane challenge , if it is risky count me in . I saw a water slide on worlds most intense water sides. can;t remember where it was but it had a 10000 ft free fall sounds right up my ally,

Lol! Gotta love living on the edge.Everyone needs to enjoy life no matter how they do it, as long as its exciting to them.

Adrenaline Junkie I think was the term for that, old terminology usage, not sure it is PC but you know what I mean.

That is very interesting you got an instant helper. And the keeping away from MIL, hahaha!

What kind of chickens did you order, babies?

think it's that we have real ins lol and a good social worker from the cancer center in Franklin he is like part of the family. anything we need we get it's just mind blowing how different ins company's work .

it's also due to being considered palliative in 5th degree . it's a scary thought but I made it through 14 years I think I can hold out a few more I'm a tough cookie. not knowing when is the hardest think that's why I bust my butt to get things done yes adrenaline junkie that's me. but thinking about it that's how Ive always been
once I start I cant stop till I'm finished

3 road islands B egg
standard_dark_rhodeislandred-MD.jpg

3 brama's B egg
3190_568_large.jpg

3 bared rocks B eggs
LIV-Barred-Rock-MED.jpg

2 silver laced wyandotte's B egg
LIV-Silver-Laced-Wyandotte-MED.jpg

4 white leghorns W eggs
LIV-White-Leghorn-M-MED.jpg

so far only 1 house came waiting on the second I plan on making them one house at first I was thinking one in front of the other , but after thinking about it I'm going to remove 2 egg boxes so I can go side by side with a little custom cutting of the roof
. Ill find a good place to put the 2 egg boxes .
Rambler+Chicken+Coop+with+Roosting+Bar.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know how you feel about marijuana or where you live but if you want some relief for your neuropathy that maybe an option.

yes we do have medical marijuana here but with the way my health is, I feel it would do more harm than good. if the nephropathy was the only issue I had I would probably use it , I did use it awhile back for nausea , but some new issues that need to be addressed have arised and there not something to overlook.

yes we do have medical marijuana here but with the way my health is, I feel it would do more harm than good. if the nephropathy was the only issue I had I would probably use it , I did use it awhile back for nausea , but some new issues that need to be addressed have arised and there not something to overlook.
Marinol and CBD's maybe an option? No THC. Helps reduce nausea and neuropathy.

dizziness came back along with the weakness not a very fun or enjoyable feeling ,
well fell back out to find out I got blood clots in the lungs , I spent 2 days in hosp fri and sat almost got stuck doing my birthday in hosp . day by day I ask whats next I'm a old man don't think I can do many more of these close calls .

I also learned parts of my cancer are back not something I want to hear , they suggested radiation I suggested get a different Ginnie pig . looking back it's about 20 years I've been dealing with the cancer , I'm already on the pill for last resort now they want to go backwards.

my body has endured enough nasty chemicals over the years , radiation is not going to happen , I don;t know what to expect as my health keeps throwing more curves

Back
Top Bottom