Snow shots cichlid fries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio0207

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys have a bit of a question when can I put snow white fries in a regular tropical aquarium for it to grow out till it gets big enough to put back in main aquarium with cichlids also I have 2. Batches of convicts 1 batch in a fry tank and another. Batch in a convict tank with only 2 adults and more fries from another batch but same parents

Unfortunately no. I have in the tropical tank 2 angel fishes a glo tetra like 10 neon tetras 2 rainbow fish 2 algae eaters 6 rasboras and 2 corys the frys are convicts and snowwhites

What variety of Rainbows? The larger body type would eat them pretty fast. If they wouldn't fit in the mouth of the tropical tank fish I'd say it's better than nothing. But is it possible you can set up a separate tank?

Thrift stores, Restore, yard sales, CL and Petco dollar sale- I think ends soon, are all cost effective options. That way you could go bare bottom for ease of cleaning and add a couple rocks and have the tank water hardness what you would want for xichlids. Add a couple rocks and some plastic plants for cover.

A ok unfortunately here in pr don't have thrift stores and I believe if I bring another tank would make number 6 55 gallon and 2 75 which is a total of 8 my wife would throw me out lol but the rainbows actually are one from petsmart I added a pic maybe you would have a better idea of fishes

Attachments

• 15016990842291736594533.jpg
    15016990842291736594533.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 44
What size are the fry you want to add compared to the size of the Angel and Rainbows' mouths? If they fit they would likely eat them - to them, it's live food.

Back
Top Bottom