So guys...and gals (of course!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UPDATE! So today is the day before my interview with the dog and cat store...and guess what?! The W Hotel calls me for an interview, for the concierge position I applied for! So now, I have both the pet store interview and the Hotel interview tomorrow (an hour and a half apart)...YIKES!!

Congrats!! Thats super exciting :D My kitten just started chewing on my hair... which is a sign that you should work at the pet place... but she's only like 3 months so what does she know?
I hope you get whatever job is more suited for you :D

Update!! So had my two interviews...the one at the hotel went ok (not totally confident, but who knows). The pet store, however, I feel confident! It was fairly laid-back, yet professional (that's how I perform the best I think)...fingers crossed :)

YAY!! :D Hope you get them both, then you get to pick :p I love the laid-back interviews :D Before, I worked at my local health food store (not anymore, but for a couple years) I went in to buy something, wearing my donkey toque and they asked if I wanted a job... it was epic haha

GoldfishNewbie said:
YAY!! :D Hope you get them both, then you get to pick :p I love the laid-back interviews :D Before, I worked at my local health food store (not anymore, but for a couple years) I went in to buy something, wearing my donkey toque and they asked if I wanted a job... it was epic haha

Hahaha what's a toque??

Either job would be great for you, your such a people person. But at a hotel you'll have a lot of politics to deal with. But you'll also have room to grow.
The PS will be great because you can really help the animals have a better life and the people do things the right way the first time.
But not so much room for advancement.
They may both be part time. A lot of jobs are these days, to save money on benefits. So you may be able to do both for a while. At least until your back on your feet and can afford your fish hobby, along with things like, lunch and electricity.

Haha...actually hotel is full time and pet store will go full time in summer

Hahaha what's a toque??
AH!! :invasion:
You just made me the happiest person on earth! I thought it was just a rumor than americans don't use the word toque!!
How to describe... a toque is like... a wool hat... or a beanie... I heard some people call it a tobaggan??? That Canadians wear in the winter...
http://www.dannabananas.com/media/c...43594a9c230972d/S/o/Sock-Monkey-Hat-Brown.jpg I actually have one almost like this, with a green mohawk and one red eye, one black lol
but I have a bunch of animal ones... including my donkey :p

This is a normal looking toque though http://www.actionwearinc.com/prodim...ories/83K-TOQUE/Navy/83K-TOQUE Navy Front.jpg

will it stay full time after the summer though? or is it just like... a high school type job where once summers over they dont need as many workers again? It would be smart just to be sure what youre getting into

Stays full time...one of the full time people is moving, so it's a replacement kinda thing...toque/ toboggan = a beanie here in america :) toboggan...you silly canadiens! Do you know a toboggan is a type of sled?! :)

Yes of course I know that :lol: ... we've never called it that, I just heard some places do :p ... beanie... hehe what an unusual name for a toque :p
anyways that's awesome about the pet place then :D

GoldfishNewbie said:
Yes of course I know that :lol: ... we've never called it that, I just heard some places do :p ... beanie... hehe what an unusual name for a toque :p
anyways that's awesome about the pet place then :D

Thanks! I hope at least one of them turns up with something :)

AH!! :invasion:
You just made me the happiest person on earth! I thought it was just a rumor than americans don't use the word toque!!
How to describe... a toque is like... a wool hat... or a beanie... I heard some people call it a tobaggan??? That Canadians wear in the winter...
http://www.dannabananas.com/media/c...43594a9c230972d/S/o/Sock-Monkey-Hat-Brown.jpg I actually have one almost like this, with a green mohawk and one red eye, one black lol
but I have a bunch of animal ones... including my donkey :p

This is a normal looking toque though http://www.actionwearinc.com/prodimages/Product%20Images/Accessories/83K-TOQUE/Navy/83K-TOQUE%20Navy%
20Front.jpg

Toboggans, are something we use like a sled.
The normal looking "toque" is a just a knit cap.
But yours is a whole other story. Although I think it's really cute, I don't think there is a US name for it.
The first pic. is a Toboggan, in the US
The second I don't know what to call it but it's cute

Back
Top Bottom