So I had to share my sad/odd tale of the day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had to share my sad/odd tale of the day, I was treating one of my guppies for fin rot for the past two days, I didn't think she was going to make it because she was like that when I got her from my lfs (didn't notice til I was on my way home) but I thought that I would give her a fighting chance and try everything I could do to help her. Well this morning she was floating :( she gave a good fight but apparently I didn't catch it in time. I watched her for a few minutes just to make sure she was truly gone. So I plucked her out of my QT and put her in the ...... Well we all know where they go. At that instant she started swimming around the bowl! I could have sworn she was dead! In a panic I plucked her back out and ran her back to the QT, then she died. It was sad and I feel bad for almost flushing her alive, hope she forgives me up in fishy heaven.

Please don't flush fish. They can harbor disease that doesn't belong in the water treatment system. Septic system, ok. Sorry for the loss.

Garden / landscape fertilizer or garbage can.

Well I've done the garbage can before, put it a plastic bag and threw it away. The garden is a new idea to me, don't know why I had not thought of it. I still feel bad for mistaking her to be dead.

I've had an instance sort of like that but not to that extent just last night.........One of my neon tetras had been acting funny for a few days and then last night found him stuck to the side of the intake valve on my filter. I was pretty sure he was dead, as all my neon tetras who were dead did this. (At first I thought the filter was sucking them in, until I actually watched one die and I found out that the filter just sucked them in after they were dead) Well, I took my net and shoved the poor guy off the filter, and he started swimming around! He still didn't look good though, and this morning, predictably, he died:(.

DragonFish71 said:
Agreed. I also do this with plant trimmings if I can't sell them. Makes great compost for veggies and flowers.

I just might do that, it might help my morning glories :) but all the same I hope that I don't have to resort to fertilizer

Get duckweed. Free fertilizer for life! ;)

Back
Top Bottom