So many lights to choose from???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristaButler

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thought, I had it narrowed down to a dual t5 ho lamp.

Jeez! Then I watched a YouTube video on t5 versus led. Wow!

So my question is: what type of led output do I need for medium light plants? I do my want to go high light.
I have a 55 gallon.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Finnex planted plus and celebrate with a cocktail!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That was suppose to say I do not want to go high light.

Thanks brookster! Any other suggestions or opinions out there?

That would give you low end of medium light..

I've got a question. If the finnex goes out, is it replaceable or do you have to buy another complete fixture?

I've got a question. If the finnex goes out, is it replaceable or do you have to buy another complete fixture?

50,000 hrs and it's all done..

So many questions. Will I have to remove my hood to attach it? Because I don't want too much water evaporation. I have just the normal 2 separate hoods that come with a 55 gallon. Btw thanks for all your help. ;)

Exactly! Leds also have good resale value incase you dont want a planted tank 5 years down the road..Is it a glass top? Can you post a pic?
Anytime:D I like talking about tanks and plants and fish and leds and co2 and drop checkers and apistos and stuff...

It's funny how that happens huh;) yah so it has the glass in the middle? The finnex will fit nicely so long as there is no raised section in between the 2 individual existing lights? Make sense?

Errr.. may want to consider a glass top.. that will be fine.. may get a shady spot in the middle though. .

I did it!! I did it!! Where's the champagne. Lol I used the amazon rewards instant $70 rebate. Whoop whoop. lol got it for 60$ total.

I'd just go with a Dual T5, if you can find one that you can turn off and on each light separately.

Brookster, my light arrived! Holy cow, I had no idea how dark my tank was. It's just so beautiful now. Worth every penny!!!! Stoked!!!

Brookster, my light arrived! Holy cow, I had no idea how dark my tank was. It's just so beautiful now. Worth every penny!!!! Stoked!!!

It is a great light! Now.. no longer than 6 hrs s day to start. Get that carbon source and ferts cranking to keep algae at bay. That light is a whole new ballgame;)

Back
Top Bottom