Some people...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoneFishing

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it wrong that I kinda chuckle at people that write reviews on starter aquariums? I read one for a 10 gallon top fin starter, someone said when the heater turns on, it interferes with the t.v. I don't know about you but that's funny. Someone else said the filter is crap, and the cover falls of easily. Do people not realize this is a starter tank? The purpose of the tank is to get you started lol. Sorry I just had to share this, just thought it was funny.

Maybe I shouldn't admit in a forum such as this, but I bought the top-fin, and I have no issues. Maybe it is because the closest TV is an old school CRT, and I duct taped the crap out of the filter!

J/K about the duct tape. The lid is supposed to come off for maintenance...

h2oskierc said:
Maybe I shouldn't admit in a forum such as this, but I bought the top-fin, and I have no issues. Maybe it is because the closest TV is an old school CRT, and I duct taped the crap out of the filter!

J/K about the duct tape. The lid is supposed to come off for maintenance...

Yea lol. Maybe they have a curious cat and it keeps knocking the lid off? My top fin 30 lid is fairly secure, I mean I can't toboggan down a hill in my tank cause yea, the lid will fly off lol. Just made me giggle at the fact they would base their review on their old t.v. and the interference.

GoneFishing said:
Is it wrong that I kinda chuckle at people that write reviews on starter aquariums? I read one for a 10 gallon top fin starter, someone said when the heater turns on, it interferes with the t.v. I don't know about you but that's funny. Someone else said the filter is crap, and the cover falls of easily. Do people not realize this is a starter tank? The purpose of the tank is to get you started lol. Sorry I just had to share this, just thought it was funny.

I thought tanks were supposed to replace the TV! Lol. Man... That definitely must've been his first tank.

Haha.. mine would replace the tv if the wife didn't make me put the tank in a different room.

Some of those reviews can be a bit ridiculous; others are humorous.

I've tried a few of those starter kits; I returned some, and modified others.

For example, I bought the Aqueon 10g starter kit mostly to keep costs down. Then I replaced the 15w florescent hood with a dual-10w CFL, and the Aqueon Quietflow 10 with an AquaClear 20. Can't say I saved much money in the long run. ;)

Yea I replaced my filter on my 29 starter. Soon to replace heater. My thought on the starter tank is, just starting out its perfect but long run would need some modifications. I am still running my top fin with an Aquaclear 70

Man you guys should go to amazon and look at the 1 star reviews for the fluval chi.. If some people would take the time and research a little before they make rash purchases.

If you know better, write back. Post, state the truth, be accurate and factual. Send it via the site's "contact us" link. Perpetrated myths and inaccurate info drive a lot of people out of the hobby unfortunately.

HN1 said:
If you know better, write back. Post, state the truth, be accurate and factual. Send it via the site's "contact us" link. Perpetrated myths and inaccurate info drive a lot of people out of the hobby unfortunately.

I do post back when allowed. Some site won't let you review unless you have purchased the item.

HN1 said:
Hence the contact us link.

Yea I'll contact the seller about the brainless individual who purchased a product, I'll let them know how senseless their customers are.

I've bought a few if the marineland led starter kits.. decent enough setups, haven't had any problems.. also have the fluval chi.. no problems there either but i only use it for fry. Guess it depends on the brain power actually using the equipment.

Back
Top Bottom