Some people...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
There is a 55 gal tank in the local library here with three fake plants and -
2 yellow labs
1 undetermined African
Anyway there aren't any rocks and the fish get a level tablespoon!!! Of food per day- I've watched
But what made me angry is that one of the labs was nearly killed when the undetermined attacked it and ripped off it's tail
No meds at all- took months to heal
The poor fish

emerald76 said:
There is a 55 gal tank in the local library here with three fake plants and -
2 yellow labs
1 undetermined African
Anyway there aren't any rocks and the fish get a level tablespoon!!! Of food per day- I've watched
But what made me angry is that one of the labs was nearly killed when the undetermined attacked it and ripped off it's tail
No meds at all- took months to heal
The poor fish

I dont see the big deal really. That is sad about the fish and they get a lityle too much to eat. At least the tank isnt overstocked!!

Gboy66 said:
I dont see the big deal really. That is sad about the fish and they get a lityle too much to eat. At least the tank isnt overstocked!!

True
But still
The fish got a really bad infection
They havent stuck in any community fish YET
But it is a library

Heh, sounds like old school cycling. Maybe they don't want "community" fish and besides, cichlid tanks have always been most popular of freshwater habitats.

My library had an awesome reef goin, then they sold it and got a tv and showed an aquarium DVD. It sucks lol

True
But still
The fish got a really bad infection
They havent stuck in any community fish YET
But it is a library

You can't put community fish in a cichlid tank, if you did they would be in worse shape than the yellow lab!

What does them being a library have to do with it? Because they are a library they are not allowed to have a non community aquarium? Sounds like maybe they could use some advice on proper methods to set-up a cichlid tank. Have you tried giving any friendly advice?

George9 said:
My library had an awesome reef goin, then they sold it and got a tv and showed an aquarium DVD. It sucks lol

Hahahahaha wow they really took the cheap way out didnt they.

Wy Renegade said:
You can't put community fish in a cichlid tank, if you did they would be in worse shape than the yellow lab!

What does them being a library have to do with it? Because they are a library they are not allowed to have a non community aquarium? Sounds like maybe they could use some advice on proper methods to set-up a cichlid tank. Have you tried giving any friendly advice?

I know that!
No I haven't given advice cause no ones ever there
Just wanted to add the fact they were a library

If you're in the library, there are library personnel there. I know my library doesn't just keep the doors unlocked and lights on so we can visit any time we want....... although I'd really like that.

If you're in the library, there are library personnel there. I know my library doesn't just keep the doors unlocked and lights on so we can visit any time we want....... although I'd really like that.
Well,there are personnel

So, talk to them...... if the tank is in the library, it is, in part, representing the library.

To quote Dr. Phil, "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem". ;)

Back
Top Bottom