Some people just shouldnt be without a keeper...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
namely, me. I cannot believe I was so stupid as to go off and leave running water unattended. I was topping off my indoor pond (really in an attached sunroom/porch) This usually takes about 10 minutes or so to do with the hose I use. Well, I decided to test some saltwater tanks while this was going on...got some unexpected readings and then decided to test further...then thought I would feed the dog...came in here to check the computer and can you see where I am going with this?? I totally forgot the *&^%$ hose for about an hour. I went into the kitchen and had silt halfway across the floor. The pond has had a major water change and I have had a huge mess to clean up..unbelievably stupid error.

You're not the only one. I did something similar when I was filling up a bucket for a water change in the garage. I was busy and completely forgot about the running water until my dad started yelling at me to come in the garage. The deep sink was overflowed with water and almost half of the garage was covered with water.

Don't feel so depressed Hara. I think we all need a keeper at one time or another. I was busy one day with a PWC...got the suction going real good and thought that it would be a great time to take care of a small matter while it was going.

Came back and thought I had stopped the darn thing and went back to what I was casually doing and almost emptied the entire tank. 8O

After one similar (but much smaller) incident years ago, I created the 'never leave a filling ___' rule for myself, as I too, am far to easily distracted and forgetful.

Please don't think I meant anything derogatory to anyone that may have done something similar :oops: I do not mean it that way...but I am just so mad at myself it is unreal.
Thanks for making me feel not alone :wink:

I believe it may be Lager time....

Don't beat yourself up over it Hara. I'm constantly flooding something. But, what a mess I can imagine you had. 8O

I have to second Fluff there. Just this past week I flooded my office conference room (again!) because I did not tighten the python connector to the faucet. My tank is 75 feet away, around two corners. I was alerted to the flood when my paralegal walked into the conference room, almost slipped, and screamed loud enough to wake the dead.

was alerted to the flood when my paralegal walked into the conference room, almost slipped, and screamed loud enough to wake the dead.

That must have been a sight to see. :lol:

Aww, Hara, I hope you got it all cleaned up easily.

My worst flooding mishap so far was when the end of the gravel vac slipped out of the clip on the bucket. Of course, my mom was here... :roll:

Yes, Lager time sounds good! :D

My worst yet was when my wife let the hose slip and drenched a power strip 8O , yes it was plugged in and smoked real good. :roll:

Here's that Lager
trink13.gif
or, if you prefer a glass
trink19.gif

Oh my gosh! Luckily I have had only minor spills, I only had to break out the steam cleaner once :D I hope there wasn't too much damage.

There isn't anything like the hose coming off of the python and falling to the floor. I was refilling the 150 gal tank a couple months ago and I can normally sit down for about 10 to 15 minutes while it is refilling. I did that, and didn't even notice the tube hit the floor. I didn't realize it until Nemo started batting it around and he ran to me soaking wet. MESSY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom