Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2005, 08:02 PM   #21
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
When my van was robbed about a year ago, I lost about $500-$700 in CDs, and what really sucked is that if I had claimed them on insurance, my insurance probably would have gone up $250/year for the next 3-4 years...just not worth it.

www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 06-23-2005, 08:40 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, now my husband just realized his work lap top was in the trunk. And of course, it no longer is. UUUGGGGGHHH

It just keeps getting worse. Plus I use the word "his" loosely as the laptop actually belongs to a company he contracts for.

I have a question....My mom said our home owners insurance may cover this, but we need to tell them the laptop was ours. She thinks if we tell them it belongs to work then it won't be covered on our policy. Does that sound right to anyone.

My husband is on his way over to the police station now. He is gonna try to talk to them in person instead of over the phone, now that the laptop makes this situation alot more serious. Not only was the laptop expensive but it has loads of information on it that is confidential.

geez....this day sucks

Old 06-23-2005, 08:45 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
She thinks if we tell them it belongs to work then it won't be covered on our policy. Does that sound right to anyone.
NO
I'm sure work will cover the laptop
also depends, sum insurance companies just ask for the manuals for the items stolen instead of the receipts...If u have the manual, claim it anyway... FREE LAPTOP
nah better not.. but anyway, regardless of where the laptop was the company would have appropriate insurance for it.
Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
Old 06-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

as for the data on the pc...GONE FOREVER
Hope he had backups
Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
Old 06-23-2005, 09:06 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloulou
I'm gonna go to home depot and pick up a nice flood light, the kind that will turn on everytime a cat crosses my driveway. That oughta work.....right?
Ouch - sorry to hear about this.

I remember reading a comic in a Mad magazine several years ago - so keep in mind the nature of the magazine with this story.

Two people were walking down a sidwalk with parked cars and street lights in the background. They were commenting how nice the street lights were.. then one of them said (with a crow bar in his hands) how it made it so much easier to see the loot in the cars - that one had a new tape decks, some change in the ash tray, etc.

I guess the depraved moral of the story is - keep nothing of "real" value in your car, no matter where you park it.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:58 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well apparently the laptop makes it a bigger crime so a cop followed my husband home from the police station to look at the car. They both stared at the messed up dash board. Still no finger prints but the cop was an informative source of neighborhood gossip. Apparently another car was broken into all the way at the other end of my block last night as well. Plus there were 30 car break ins in my neighborhood (a 6 block radius) last month. (Apparently while I wasn't paying attention my neighborhood became the ghetto)The cop called this "a rash of break ins." I laughed and said you better this guy(s). The cop didn't think that was funny. Anyway he still didn't want the verizon phone numbers and he didn't feel the need to interview the one neighbor who witnessed a suspicious person in the area.

Meanwhile in the newspaper recently they were talking about building another homeless shelter for homeless crack addicts and what not. So this should add to the ghetto fabulousness of my home.

If you build it they will come.....lol

Oh and I agree the drug addicts around here are on meth.....but I like the sound of "crack head so much better."
Old 06-23-2005, 10:18 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Talloulou, that really sucks. I'm glad that the police are finally taking the crime seriously and that you seem to be taking this in stride with a sense of humor.

You'll have to forgive me, but I was ROFLMAO when I read that the dimwit answered your cell phone. Reminded me of the Seinfeldl episode where Jerry speaks to the guy who stole his car.

Car thief: Hello?
Jerry: Hello? Is this 555-8383?
Car thief: I have no idea.
Jerry: Can I ask you a question?
Car thief: Sure.
Jerry: Did you steal my car?
Car thief: Yes I did.
Jerry: You did?!
Car thief: I did.
Jerry: That's my car!
Car thief: I didn't know it was yours.
Jerry: What are you gonna do with it?
Car thief: I dunno, drive around.
Jerry: Then can I have it back?
Car thief: Mmmm, nah, I'm gonna keep it.

Was there a garage opener remote in the car? If so, you should change the remote codes so your friendly neighborhood crackhead can't get inside your garage. Again, this really sucks. I hope your husband has backups of his files.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:21 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Most homeowners insurance will cover anything that was stolen and or damaged on your property. I would definitely try there so that you are compensated for something, instead of just calling it a total lost.

Truly sorry for your loss and frustration.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:19 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
it was funny... on malcolm in the middle this guy would drive really fast through the neighborhood. so hal does all this crap. finally he steals the guys car and drives really far away... but thats all i saw
Old 06-24-2005, 01:37 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

talloulou--what town are you in Washington?

Closed Thread

Tags
night

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com