Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

someone broke into my car last night.....aaargh

So last night someone broke into (okay it is quite possible that I just left the door unlocked and they actually just entered vs broke into...but I digress) my car!!!!

The car was parked right outside my kid's open bedroom window......(thought makes me wanna kill someone...hmm maybe I should buy a gun except my son would probably find it and shoot himself.)

Anyway they stole the stereo, ripped it out of the dashboard and smashed the dashboard all up in the process.

Apparently the "detachable stereo face" only thwarts thieves when you actually detach it.

On the plus side they didn't steal the whole car, on the minus side the car is worth less than the stereo.

Interestingly they also stole my picture cell phone. Which, even more interesting, they ANSWERED when I called.

Criminal "HELLO"

ME IRATE "YOUR ACTUALLY ANSWERING THE PHONE?!"

Criminal quickly hangs up.

This behavior leads me to believe that I'm probably dealing with a crack addict.

Anyway the worst part is the police don't give a crap and they can't be bothered to pretend they do either. I'm not sure which of these facts is more maddening.

They took the information over the phone. I was like hey....don't you wanna come see my car it's all trashed up! Officer was like...nope no need. Apparently he sees this all the time, he sounded kinda bored actually.

I had gone to all my neighbors to let them know what happened and amazingly a guy down the block had actually seen (WITNESS -AM I RIGHT) a big fat white guy with a back pack and spikey hair walking slowly around the neighborhood around 1:30 AM.

Also my verizon phone company let me know if the police contact them they will be happy to give out any phone numbers that were called on my phone late last night or early this morning.

So I'm thinking wow the cops are gonna catch this doomaas. But hold on wait a second..... officer doesn't feel the phone numbers are needed. Not, unless of course I need them included in the police report so I don't have to pay for the calls.

Gee thanks but verizon isn't planning on charging me for those calls anyway. I thought they might be helpful for the investigation.

At this point I can't be sure but I think I heard a guffaw!

So, undeterred I ask the officer ......"So what's the next step?" "Hit the local pawn shop and let them know about the perp who may be coming in to sell my stuff ?"

Officer actually tells me that's a good idea and I can go ahead and do that.

I CAN DO THAT!!!!! Isn't that their job? Men in blue, crime fighters, and all that jazz. Apparently not....They are very busy (my town is very small) ...go figure.

Funny they weren't too busy to give me a speeding ticket when I was going 32 mph in a 25.

No wonder people get mad at the coppers.....LOL The officer actually did laugh at loud when I suggested finger printing my car. He also made the hilarious comment that this has been happening in my neighborhood alot as of late.......

Gee I wonder why? If they never even try to catch the guy......it's probably a pretty lucrative business breaking into cars.

END OF RANT

BIG SIGH

Old 06-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Can you call a different police station in a different area and explain nothing is being done?

Also, here in Dallas/Ft.Worth they have this thing on the news where you can call in and tell them whats bugging you, and they will try and help fix it. Maybe you could look into the news.. especially if its happening all over the area... might put pressure on the police.

Talking to pawn shops, is in fact your job. My friend got something stolen out of his car and he was the one who had to talk to the pawn shop people.

You need to call back and say "Hey, I want you to come out here" instead of asking. Tell them what you want done

Old 06-23-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Don't forget that the crook now has your home tele#. What that means, I dunno. Just wanted you to be aware.

Good luck.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 06-23-2005, 03:28 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsdad
Don't forget that the crook now has your home tele#. What that means, I dunno. Just wanted you to be aware.
Yeah the creep also has my home address!!! LOL So I guess he can call or visit anytime.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyquidphyre
Can you call a different police station in a different area and explain nothing is being done?

My city has like one police station.....

Also, here in Dallas/Ft.Worth they have this thing on the news where you can call in and tell them whats bugging you, and they will try and help fix it. Maybe you could look into the news.. especially if its happening all over the area... might put pressure on the police.

My city doesn't have it's own news station LOL

Talking to pawn shops, is in fact your job. My friend got something stolen out of his car and he was the one who had to talk to the pawn shop people.

Well we have two pawn shops in the immediate area so this should be easy to do.
You need to call back and say "Hey, I want you to come out here" instead of asking. Tell them what you want done

That would be good. I'll force him out here and we can both stare at the big empty hole in the dash together. If they don't do finger prints on cars I don't see how forcing him out here will do me any good. Although I do think it would be good publicity for the cops to actually put in an appearance.....you know excitement for the neighbors and all....give at least the impression that they are ON IT. LOL
Old 06-23-2005, 03:48 PM   #6
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
I would have called and said "Hi, this is Tom Smith....my cousin gave me that $500 he owes you...where can I meet you to give it to you?"....then brought a cop along for the drop...if the guy is stupid enough to answer the phone...
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 06-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis
I would have called and said "Hi, this is Tom Smith....my cousin gave me that $500 he owes you...where can I meet you to give it to you?"....then brought a cop along for the drop...if the guy is stupid enough to answer the phone...
That would have been smart but my brain just completely went blank due to the shock of having someone answer. I only called cause I saw that on TV once, where the thief answered the stolen phone...lol I didn't actually expect him to answer. I did try to call a second time but the guy wised up and let the voice mail get it. I left a mean threatening message on the voicemail but then I realized he probably can't check my voicemail without the code.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

OH my gosh!! That sucks! So the cops are going to do NOTHING??? I would be livid. Did you have insurance on the car?
Old 06-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

The cops are going to "write a report" LOL

and yes I do have insurance but I also have a deductible $500.00

.....those darn crack addicts!!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:41 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm gonna go to home depot and pick up a nice flood light, the kind that will turn on everytime a cat crosses my driveway. That oughta work.....right?

Tags
night

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com