someone broke into my car last night.....aaargh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
So last night someone broke into (okay it is quite possible that I just left the door unlocked and they actually just entered vs broke into...but I digress) my car!!!!

The car was parked right outside my kid's open bedroom window......(thought makes me wanna kill someone...hmm maybe I should buy a gun except my son would probably find it and shoot himself.)

Anyway they stole the stereo, ripped it out of the dashboard and smashed the dashboard all up in the process.

Apparently the "detachable stereo face" only thwarts thieves when you actually detach it.

On the plus side they didn't steal the whole car, on the minus side the car is worth less than the stereo.

Interestingly they also stole my picture cell phone. Which, even more interesting, they ANSWERED when I called.

Criminal "HELLO"

ME IRATE "YOUR ACTUALLY ANSWERING THE PHONE?!"

Criminal quickly hangs up.

This behavior leads me to believe that I'm probably dealing with a crack addict.

Anyway the worst part is the police don't give a crap and they can't be bothered to pretend they do either. I'm not sure which of these facts is more maddening.

They took the information over the phone. I was like hey....don't you wanna come see my car it's all trashed up! Officer was like...nope no need. Apparently he sees this all the time, he sounded kinda bored actually.

I had gone to all my neighbors to let them know what happened and amazingly a guy down the block had actually seen (WITNESS -AM I RIGHT) a big fat white guy with a back pack and spikey hair walking slowly around the neighborhood around 1:30 AM.

Also my verizon phone company let me know if the police contact them they will be happy to give out any phone numbers that were called on my phone late last night or early this morning.

So I'm thinking wow the cops are gonna catch this doomaas. But hold on wait a second..... officer doesn't feel the phone numbers are needed. Not, unless of course I need them included in the police report so I don't have to pay for the calls.

Gee thanks but verizon isn't planning on charging me for those calls anyway. I thought they might be helpful for the investigation.

At this point I can't be sure but I think I heard a guffaw!

So, undeterred I ask the officer ......"So what's the next step?" "Hit the local pawn shop and let them know about the perp who may be coming in to sell my stuff ?"

Officer actually tells me that's a good idea and I can go ahead and do that.

I CAN DO THAT!!!!! Isn't that their job? Men in blue, crime fighters, and all that jazz. Apparently not....They are very busy (my town is very small) ...go figure.

Funny they weren't too busy to give me a speeding ticket when I was going 32 mph in a 25.

No wonder people get mad at the coppers.....LOL The officer actually did laugh at loud when I suggested finger printing my car. He also made the hilarious comment that this has been happening in my neighborhood alot as of late.......

Gee I wonder why? If they never even try to catch the guy......it's probably a pretty lucrative business breaking into cars.

END OF RANT

BIG SIGH

Can you call a different police station in a different area and explain nothing is being done?

Also, here in Dallas/Ft.Worth they have this thing on the news where you can call in and tell them whats bugging you, and they will try and help fix it. Maybe you could look into the news.. especially if its happening all over the area... might put pressure on the police.

Talking to pawn shops, is in fact your job. My friend got something stolen out of his car and he was the one who had to talk to the pawn shop people.

You need to call back and say "Hey, I want you to come out here" instead of asking. Tell them what you want done

austinsdad said:
Don't forget that the crook now has your home tele#. What that means, I dunno. Just wanted you to be aware.

Yeah the creep also has my home address!!! LOL So I guess he can call or visit anytime.

lyquidphyre said:
Can you call a different police station in a different area and explain nothing is being done?

My city has like one police station.....

Also, here in Dallas/Ft.Worth they have this thing on the news where you can call in and tell them whats bugging you, and they will try and help fix it. Maybe you could look into the news.. especially if its happening all over the area... might put pressure on the police.

My city doesn't have it's own news station LOL

Talking to pawn shops, is in fact your job. My friend got something stolen out of his car and he was the one who had to talk to the pawn shop people.

Well we have two pawn shops in the immediate area so this should be easy to do.
You need to call back and say "Hey, I want you to come out here" instead of asking. Tell them what you want done

That would be good. I'll force him out here and we can both stare at the big empty hole in the dash together. If they don't do finger prints on cars I don't see how forcing him out here will do me any good. Although I do think it would be good publicity for the cops to actually put in an appearance.....you know excitement for the neighbors and all....give at least the impression that they are ON IT. LOL

I would have called and said "Hi, this is Tom Smith....my cousin gave me that $500 he owes you...where can I meet you to give it to you?"....then brought a cop along for the drop...if the guy is stupid enough to answer the phone...

Toirtis said:
I would have called and said "Hi, this is Tom Smith....my cousin gave me that $500 he owes you...where can I meet you to give it to you?"....then brought a cop along for the drop...if the guy is stupid enough to answer the phone...

That would have been smart but my brain just completely went blank due to the shock of having someone answer. I only called cause I saw that on TV once, where the thief answered the stolen phone...lol I didn't actually expect him to answer. I did try to call a second time but the guy wised up and let the voice mail get it. I left a mean threatening message on the voicemail but then I realized he probably can't check my voicemail without the code.

OH my gosh!! That sucks! So the cops are going to do NOTHING??? I would be livid. Did you have insurance on the car?

The cops are going to "write a report" LOL

and yes I do have insurance but I also have a deductible $500.00

.....those darn crack addicts!!!!

I'm gonna go to home depot and pick up a nice flood light, the kind that will turn on everytime a cat crosses my driveway. That oughta work.....right?

I feel for you. I know how it feels though. And don't count on the police to do anything.

My husbands truck got broken into, get this, right in front of the police station and a church. Stole over 1,000$ worth of collectible CD's, stole his tail gate, and stereo.

The police told us there is nothing they can do and will not be able to offer anything else except file it with the insurance company. Right, so that my premiums will go up more after filing the claim. Thanks, but no thanks!

That truly sucks tallaoulou.

My car got broken into a couple years back... The perp tried to get into the drivers door. Looked like he used a screwdriver and banged it into the keyhole... Obviously didn't work for him, but he screwed it up nonetheless. So he went around to the passenger's door AND TRIED THE SAME THING! Screwed up the lock on that side also... Finally, he must have got frustrated and just broke the window.... I had nothing in my car but a jacket that I had bought 5 years ago on a clearance rack at the Gap for about $30... It dawned on me why he broke in to steal it, it actually looked like a leather jacket from 5 feet away. I didn't even have a radio in the car! I filed a police report, and the cop pretty much said I was wasting my time, without using those exact words. I got an estimate on my car.... $350 to fix all. $350 so the scumbag could steal a jacket that he could probably hock for about $5! I didn't want to file an insurance claim, because I was on the verge of getting dropped by my insurance co. anyway.... I fixed the window, because that was fairly cheap. I didn't fix the locks... So for 2 years, I had to crawl in through my hatchback everytime I wanted to get in my car... Because I coudn't unlock the doors!

dogspot said:
Finally, he must have got frustrated and just broke the window....

So I guess its a good thing I may have accidently left the doors unlocked.. A broken window would probably cost more than the stereo.

One of the most interesting things was the cds. The moron didn't take any of our cds. Whats up with that. My musical tastes aren't good enough for the local crackhead.

And what's up with the mess? So you need money for crack or whatever.....why do you have to throw my crap all around. Can't you go through the car neatly and place everything you don't want back in its place where you found it.

And shouldn't you have like tools of the trade or whatever. My stereo would have came out quite nicely with a flashlight and a screwdriver. Hell if you woke me up I would have came out and removed it for ya, rather than have my dash torn up. It looks like a monkey beat on it till the stereo finally surrendered along with the whole front dash.

And what's up with the mess? So you need money for crack or whatever.....why do you have to throw my crap all around. Can't you go through the car neatly and place everything you don't want back in its place where you found it.
LOL! If only thieves were civilized :roll:

A few years ago someone tried to break into my husbands car, couldn't get the door open. There wasn't any thing in it, so we assumed they were going to try and steal the car. I almost wished they had gotten the door open and tried to start the car. The battery had been dead for a LONG time :lol:

It wasn't done by a professional, that's for sure. Most crimes like that, where they are so stupid they can't figure out how to break into a car, is usually done, by someone who:

Has only done it once or twice.
Desperate and needs money quick for drugs.
Or already high, they can't remember how.

Either way, they should all be shot. Get a job and stop sucking the life out of us hard working, tax paying citizens!!

Oh wait here is the absolute kicker........ I don't know whether to laugh or cry but I just finished cleaning up the mess he made out of my car and apparently he left a gift.

Payment for the stereo and cell phone???

In the passanger seat floor (underneath all the papers that were in my glove compartment) was a foster farms turkey (stuffed toy). WTF?

I can only assume he left it as a thank you. My kids were fighting over who gets to keep it only I'm not so sure they should even play with it on account of how we got it from a crackaddict and alll, LOL

Maybe the that's all he could find in the last car he robbed so when he found my stereo he was like "SCORE! I guess I can get rid of this foster farms turkey now!"

My car window got busted in and nothing was stolen but the cop still came out and wrote a report.
Also, he said if something was stolen they would have taken pictures and finger prints

This past week, on my dads birthday AND fathers day no less, my dad's truck got broken into and after everything was said and done.. whoever stole two cases of tools and some checks (but not my sisters camcorder?)... and to be able to work he had to go out the next day and drop about a $1000 for new tools

man that sux, police have to many rights...
I think 90% of them are on a power trip.
My ex's sister was seeing one, and I couldn't figure out why her parents always had a dark attitude towards me...Turns out there was a warrant out for my arrest for breech of bail and he had downloaded it off the main pc and was showing everyone...Bit like a doctor talking about his patients with everyone...
They all knew it was highly illegal but hey, they wouldn't want to charge an "officer"

If you find him just tell him to come break into my van. :roll: I might be tried by 12 but he'd be carried by 6. I'm what you would consider one of those armed and extremely dangrous rednecks, got a gun where ever I can reach and ready to protect my life and property. My wife even has orders to shoot through the door if someone is trying to break in.

Oh and BTW it was probally meth, not crack. Meth is cheaper to make. :roll: Whta in the world would you want to put draino in your body, or heat, or some of that other stuff? Man those people are stupid.

Turns out there was a warrant out for my arrest for breech of bail and he had downloaded it off the main pc and was showing everyone

Yea, once they arrested you, you should have said "he knew about it and was helping me hide" :twisted: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom