Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sometgingphishy.com

Has anyone ever dine business with them. I want to do a major purchase through them and want to know the quality of the fish, the shipping and custom service.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

yes i work at a little mom and pop fish store and thats who he orders from and the only thing we see wrong with them is when we order feeder fish theres a lot of dead one but they always replace the other than that we have gotten quality fish and service from them

Old 09-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mccoy View Post
yes i work at a little mom and pop fish store and thats who he orders from and the only thing we see wrong with them is when we order feeder fish theres a lot of dead one but they always replace the other than that we have gotten quality fish and service from them
I am very hesitant because of reviews I've read elsewhere. Have you ordered discus, rams and plecos?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have not ordered from them personally, but have heard nothing but bad reviews on them. I have used (and would recommend) ThatFishPlace Aquarium Fish, Plants and Invertebrates | thatpetplace.com
Old 09-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp_mommy View Post
I have not ordered from them personally, but have heard nothing but bad reviews on them. I have used (and would recommend) ThatFishPlace Aquarium Fish, Plants and Invertebrates | thatpetplace.com
They don't have the selection I'm looking for. They don't have any discus do they?
Old 09-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs1281 View Post
They don't have the selection I'm looking for. They don't have any discus do they?
I don't think so. If you're looking for good discus, check out the Marketplace at Simply Discus forums. You can buy direct from breeders.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:35 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thatpetplace is about an hour from me and I'm willing to bet if you order a fish it will have either Ich,velvet, fin rot, lateral line disease, or a combination of the above. The only section of the aquatic life at thatpetplace that is ok is the corals. I never have and never will purchase any fish from them. Also no they have never stocked discus except on rare occasion. Discus would probably die the moment they hit the water. I once snuck a couple test strips in to see how bad their water quality was. Freshwater was 15ppm ammonia, 15ppm nitrite, 100-120ppm nitrate. Also a ph of ~6.2 and a high chlorine content. I know that strips are not the most accurate testing method, but it provides a general idea.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:39 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Also my intentions are not to bash a business, only to save the OP the time, hassle, and money that would most likely be spent when ordering from thatpetplace. Although I don't personally keep discus my brother has a 500g planted discus tank and he acquired all of his discus from breeders on the Simply Discus forum, so that's a +1 for that suggestion
Old 09-15-2013, 04:57 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by czwicky View Post
Thatpetplace is about an hour from me and I'm willing to bet if you order a fish it will have either Ich,velvet, fin rot, lateral line disease, or a combination of the above. The only section of the aquatic life at thatpetplace that is ok is the corals. I never have and never will purchase any fish from them. Also no they have never stocked discus except on rare occasion. Discus would probably die the moment they hit the water. I once snuck a couple test strips in to see how bad their water quality was. Freshwater was 15ppm ammonia, 15ppm nitrite, 100-120ppm nitrate. Also a ph of ~6.2 and a high chlorine content. I know that strips are not the most accurate testing method, but it provides a general idea.
Interesting to hear that you had such a bad experience from them. My first order was a group of lamprologus ocellatus "gold" and they all arrived alive, in the proper water conditions, and lived and bred for a few years before I downsized my tanks and sold them.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com