Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-12-2004, 06:59 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the Lounge. This is a free for all forum and I don't believe the discussion has been thread jacking. I believe people are more than welcome to post their opinions on this topic. This is a discussion, not spamming. It's a difference in political ideology.

Open comment to all:

If you don't like what you read in the forum, chose your reading better. There are a lot of threads I do not even click on because I know I don't need to get into it. This one, I was interested in the topic, read the article, and posted my opinion on how our country should act. This doesn't need to be an argument, it can be an educated discussion. If you can't treat it as such, feel free to click on your back button, or return to the home page HERE

Old 08-12-2004, 07:44 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

As promised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari
I'm starting to get a little offended by some of the responses in this thread now. And I know I could just not read it if it bothers me, but I happen to be interested in the ORIGINAL TOPIC and keep thinking (foolishly) that a new post might actually be about the progress in Darfur.

Again I feel the need to make my analogy.. please listen this time or I will simply continue to repeat this post until the thread is locked

Why aren't you arguing in Rev's thead that people should be giving their cash to help the needy in your country instead of this forum? Because everyone has the right to do what they want with their money AND it would be totally inappropriate to spam, YES SPAM, that thread like this. Am I the only one here who thinks it's amazing that you guys are actually arguing against someone's particular choice of charity??!

Someone do something about this... please.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Old 08-12-2004, 07:57 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan
If you can't treat it as such, feel free to click on your back button, or return to the home page HERE
For the record, I don't appreciate your condescending attitude.

Old 08-12-2004, 08:09 PM   #34
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
cease the hostilities. carry on a discussion, but cease fire PLEASE.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:17 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

No probs.. I just hope that if I ever feel strongly enough about a charity to share it with this forum that someone doesn't try to demean it's value as a cause. I won't be posting in this thread again so you all may continue your 'discussion'.

Old 08-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
HMMMM...So everyone in our own country that is homeless and/or unemployed it is because they are lazy slobs.

DONT THINK SO.

These other countries have their OWN government let them fix it.
It's not our fault if they cant.
If they cant then our young men and women stright out of high school have to die for them.

Doesnt make sence to me!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
Old 08-12-2004, 09:19 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
Quote:
HMMMM...So everyone in our own country that is homeless and/or unemployed it is because they are lazy slobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawmutt
You show me one person who has absolutely no chance of going anywhere or doing anything in America and I'll show you 100 greedy, lazy slobs who need to get their head out of their :butt: and do something for themselves.
I never said everyone, there are exceptions of course. However, if you really take into account why a person is homeless or unemployed, you will find that the vast majority fit this description. Most homeless people I talked to on a regular basis in CT told me they make more money begging than they would working at a low paying job. I witnessed first hand all the excuses and b.s. going around the unemployment line when I lost my job. With a little effort and some humility, I found a job in 3 weeks.

Quote:
These other countries have their OWN government let them fix it.
Their government is the one who armed the militias who are committing the violence!

Quote:
If they cant then our young men and women stright out of high school have to die for them.
Actually this is a joint effort by the UN, US doesn't have to go alone in this.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:39 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to oscarbreeder
O.K. what ever.
Everything is wonderful in this big bad millitary swollen head country of ours so take our young and my tax dollars and lets go fix the rest of the world.

Hell, send everyone of our soldiers off to other countries to fight their battles and let the terrorists have this one.
Because thats what will happen!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/kyman_33/sig.jpg
Old 08-12-2004, 10:49 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Everything is wonderful in this big bad millitary swollen head country of ours so take our young and my tax dollars and lets go fix the rest of the world.
(underlining added for clarity of response)

I agree. I do. I mean, I'm getting married in two weeks. I'm old enough to marry, I'm old enough to be drafted in some war (which I am scared will someday occur)- but I'm not even old enough to go out and by myself a DRINK for Christ's sake. This is a screwed up country. We're not the police of the world, either.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:40 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawmutt
Actually this is a joint effort by the UN, US doesn't have to go alone in this.
And what percentage of the force is US compared to any other nation?

Tags
cover, media

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com