Sometimes I have stupid questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think more space makes a difference, you can offer more caves and holes. You can watch the female lead the male around and she'll wiggle into a hole, he may or may not follow. It's cool behavior. But yah.. more space=more space for caves/ spawn sites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! That will be my weekend project:)

What temperature would you recommend? I have heard higher temps= more males, lower=more females, is this true for Panduros?

I've heard the same.. I'd aim for 76 and see how it goes. I never stripped the fry so I didn't see any grow out. Male will eat them to induce future spawns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, that's the temp I've heard as well... The male is pretty aggressive, so I think I'll take him out as soon as there are eggs....

@CB, are you planning on taking the male out eventually? Or leave him in there?

I agree with Brook on space.
A 20 long would be great!

I am not really sure about moving the male?
I think I will pull fry from the pair or move the pair and leave fry in 20t..:confused:
The 55 I don't know at all what to expect?:ermm:
These guys are supposed to get pretty big so I kind of figure with the breeding that happens as an extra I am really trying to grow them larger for serious spawning later.:whistle:
This way I can slowly work through the learning curve as they work through the breeding curve or whatever I screw up!:facepalm:
I at least know now the sneaker male is out of the 55 and there are eggs in both tanks , so the learning about breeding begins now!
They do seem happy!:rolleyes:
Just got in so need to check on fish rooms...
TGIF

No fry!
Not real sure I paired the sneaker properly?
Moved them back into the 55 because I picked up 6 Apistogramma Agissizi fire red and have them in the 20t now.

I've got a question. I just put a Sunshine cichlid in my community tank. Did I make a really bad decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a question. I just out a sushine cichlid in my community tank. Did I make a really bad decision?

Not sure. You could plug your stock and tank size into AqAdvisor and see what it says.

Not sure. You could plug your stock and tank size into AqAdvisor and see what it says.

Thanks. I had read that cichlids can only be with cichlids. However then tonight I read that peacock cichlids were fairly good in community tanks. So I took a chance. All seems well now, but I was just curious if you guys would say absolutely not!! Since you guys are the experience ones. ;))

Back
Top Bottom