Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-05-2005, 05:07 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

And NOT pointed out in the link that debunks the cliams is, that BP and Amoco are the same company! has been for a few years.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Something that I don't understand is why doesn't the government intervene here. I mean, they intervene on just about everything else, why not gas prices? For the longest time, when we were feeling it at the pumps, the price per barrell had not increased, just the price at the pump. The oil guys were getting rich. SO now that the price has increased, they increase it even more. What is going on?! The government says how much people can charge for selling bonds, why can't they say how much oilmen can make for selling gas?

I can still remember when I was 15 (7 years ago), riding around with my friends and gas was 85 cents a gallon. If it ever gets to $3.00 a gal, I am seriously going to start looking for alternative transportation. People laugh at solar cars, but I can guarentee that the solar car owners are laughing their butts off at people who are paying $2.35 a gal.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 04-05-2005, 05:46 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I can still remember when I was 15 (7 years ago), riding around with my friends and gas was 85 cents a gallon
I can beat that, I remeber paying 29 cents a gallon for a minibike and a lawnmower. *Groan*
Old 04-05-2005, 06:34 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyfanatic
The government says how much people can charge for selling bonds, why can't they say how much oilmen can make for selling gas?
Because we have an "oilman" as President?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyfanatic
People laugh at solar cars...
Solar cars? Is there really such a thing? I'm considering a hybrid, but there are totally solar cars available?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes there are solar cars. I don't think that car manufacturer's actually make them but there is a guy in my home town who has 3 of them. He refuses to have a gas car. It runs off of the sun, but he used to use gas as a back up. Recently he has started using electric as the back up. Actually, now that I think about it, he has solar panels in his yard. His house is also run by solar energy.

Quote:
Because we have an "oilman" as President?
I don't buy that. Gas prices have been increase since Clinton was President. Like I said, in 1997 I can remember paying 85 cents but when I turned 16 (1998) it was $1.15 and has risen ever since. I know this has to do with the war in Iraq but there has to be a limit somewhere here. I don't see why these money hungry people can't just give back to the American public instead of milking them dry.

55 Gallon Community
Old 04-05-2005, 08:25 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well here ind Edmonton Canada it works out to be around $3.22 per gal. We pay per liter here so.... 84.9 per liter.

When I first started driving (only 8 years ago) it was around 42 cents per liter. More than double in eight years. it is getting out of hand.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:46 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

I think gas prices are too low. If gas prices were to increase more we might see more of a push towards alternative fuels. As it is now people complain about high gas prices, but how many people seriously consider giving up their gas guzzling SUVs?
And just for reference I do drive and have to fill up my tank about 3 times a week.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:22 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

All I can say is thank goodness my Honda Civic gets 30 - 35 MPG!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't have a gas guzzling SUV and it is still hard on my pocket book everytime I go to the pump. My car averages about 28 MPG and if gas prices increase and keep going, it won't hardly be worth my time to even go to work. This is where the genius' at Gateway FS come in handy. They make their fuel from corn. E85.

55 Gallon Community
Old 04-06-2005, 01:39 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to lreilly
The station down the street from me is $2.52- $2.72 a gallon.

Tags
gas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com