Sore about gas prices REad on...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuel cell technology hasn't evolved to the point that the general public can use it at this point. Personally, I think ethanol and biodiesel would be good solutions to our dependency on oil. You can make diesel fuel from the used fryer oil that comes from McDonalds and it's a higher quality fuel than the petroleum based fuel. It's not a difficult process. It's also a low emission fuel. It would help revive agriculture in this country as well. My wife and I both drive over 300 miles per week to work. We both drive cars that get 43+ mpg (Geo Metro, VW Jetta Diesel) and fuel prices are taking a bite out of our budget. No way could I (or would I) drive a large thirsty vehicle on a daily basis.
Corn is the answer...you can eat it, burn it in your car (with some fuel system mods), and (the best part) you can drink it :mrgreen: .

fishfreek said:
Where am I gonna fuel up my hydrogen fuel cell car? Thats why there is no big push. Chicken before the egg. I mentioned this at least one page back.

Does it rain where you live? If you have a reverse osmosis water unit (which I'll bet you do), even better.

One thing is for certain...if the fuel cell is ever perfected, it will change the way things work in this country. It won't just be used to power your car. You could heat water, generate electricity...the possibilities are endless. I am 1000% behind alternative energy sources. Especially if they are clean and cheap. I think something we're going to be faced with in the near future (a little off topic...sorry) is pollution from other countries that are not subject to the same restrictions that we are here. Anyway, gas is going to keep going up...we might as well get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom