Sort of makes you feel good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
My son, who's now 25, plays ice hockey in a local adult league. My wife and I went to 1 of his games this past weekend. The game was at an ice rink that had deteriorated over the last 10 yrs or so and recently was rebuilt. This happens to be the same rink where I took him to learn how to play hockey 15+ years ago. Back then, I had to work all kinds of hours and weekends if necessary. His games and practices were always Sat or Sun and always 6 AM or 7 AM. Some days I would just get home from work, grab a cup of coffee then pack up his hockey stuff and take him to the rink. I did that for many years.

At his game, we sat with his girlfriend and were talking about how I used to take him to this same place so many years ago. She said, "I know, he always tells me how you took him so early in the AM...and he hopes he can do the same when he has a son." That brought a smile to my face. You really never know if how you raised your children was the right way, but that comment alone made me feel good. :)

LAE_3-14-10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom