Sos help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mth97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone !

I'm writing this post out of frustration and I am in need or urgent help . I am quite new to this as this is my first fish so please be nice. I have one small pearl scale goldfish in a 28L tank. Thats where my trouble began I was told at the store I went to in Brisbane that this tank would be sufficient for up to 3 goldfish , however I only purchased one as I thought for a first timer I better keep it simple , all I was told was to add some quick start to my tank and wait a week and come back and put my fish in .

From doing some research online and being in various fish advice pages I now know this is all wrong . I am in need of some advice for my water as you probably can all guess my ammonia is sky high and I just can't fix it . It fluctuates from .25 to 8 in a day I have posted a photo of my results from water tests . The fish seems not to be bothered at all no strange behaviour or gulping for air I am just so confused as I have been given such different advice from person to person and I am coming to my wits end trying to figure out how to fix my water [emoji24][emoji24]

I love this hobby and everyone has been so kind and helpful I just would really love some guidance on where to go from here !

I will attach a photo of my tank also !IMG_1226.jpgIMG_1229.jpg

Bottom line....tank is new your new. Might as well start right. No way you can keep parameters stable in a tank that size with a gold fish. Not fair too fish...or you.

Return fish and cycle tank properly...nice looking tank btw.

Sorry for my forwardness...Welcome aboard

+1 with flchamp89. Return the fish and get the tank cycled. Then look for a fish suited to you tank size.

Back
Top Bottom