Sound system in stand, will the fish mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANGAR

Aquarium Advice Freak
So guys my stand and canopy are finished, and I built some shelves and have put my sound system in the stand. Will the bass stress the fish out???? I have two guppies in the 46g, they started hiding in this little house decoration, and when I turn the music on they come out!

Haven't kept too many species and was wondering if any of y'all have kept a sound system on your stands. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1438364703.147073.jpg

Would love some feed back

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

IMO... Depends on if your bumpin, thumpin, & gettin the place jumpin.

I spin records on my turntables many times. Never noticed much as far as my fish being too stressed. But with gups, i think your fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Avoid playing dubstep incredibly loud and I think you'll be fine.

Yahhh... nahhh... they're extremely sensitive to vibrations.. I'd avoid it if possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As long as you avoid Skrillex and Knife Party you should be fine :D I'd go with something smoother, like maybe AC/DC, that isn't too intense lol.

As long as you avoid Skrillex and Knife Party you should be fine :D I'd go with something smoother, like maybe AC/DC, that isn't too intense lol.

Yeah fish might not appreciate Red Lips or Centipede lol.

Ima try it with the bass on low I think they wouldn't mid it as much. Maybe some eminem and snoop haha

Sound provider, and some people under the stairs, lol.

Slip knot is playing down the road tonight!
I would not have my speakers in the fish stand even for my JT(James Taylor you kids!).
Stress causes disease and ALL fish have lateral lines(known to many as the fish ear).
I think you will have trouble you can never point the finger to accurately in the near future.
Pink Floyd dosed 2x a day at The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon may help you overcome these problems?Can't say for the fish?
Ask me how I know?
Alan Parsons anyone?
Turn it up!
I never heard my fish say that once!
Just too old I guess to wonder!

I agree with what's said. Just not loud enough to shake the stand lol

Caleb

Play loud or go home:D I vote no sound system maybe super cool novelties or pics.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wait his. What about an air stone? Isn't that like mega noisy in a tank

Wait his. What about an air stone? Isn't that like mega noisy in a tank

It's not exactly the noise factor unless it's really loud it's the vibration from the sound system shaking the stand and tank.

Caleb

Sound is vibration.. consistent vibration will not be as disturbing as frequently changing vibration. An air pump is usually pretty subdued.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Have it on vinyl.... And it really does help stress not burn the brain. Its the only way to make the pain stop..... Out on the porch.....

Ill see if i can find it. But i got a pic on stage wit dem boys. I was dj'ng a festival and they were on stage gettin sorted out. You know of the sound providers?

Back
Top Bottom