"Special" Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a goldfish who I almost named scarface. Her name is now gills, ironicly because she lacks her gill covers. Her tail is bent and torn in everyway possible. Even more ironicly this fish was a gift from my boyfriend, not sure why he picked her but she ended up getting along great, and now my goldfish roam around the tank in a pack together.

ForumRunner_20130119_234254.jpg

My albino corie and bulldog plec both got trapped inside my cana apple snail ( not at the same time) she was huge! Both lost fins and heavily bled we thought we were going to lose them as we had to gently pull the trapdoor open to get them out. My plec grew all his fins back but my albino didn't . They both lived to see another day! Here's a pic of my snail and bulldog together.

ForumRunner_20130120_093814.jpg

I have a goldfish who I almost named scarface. Her name is now gills, ironicly because she lacks her gill covers. Her tail is bent and torn in everyway possible. Even more ironicly this fish was a gift from my boyfriend, not sure why he picked her but she ended up getting along great, and now my goldfish roam around the tank in a pack together.
Oh wow that is cool!
View attachment 145571

My albino corie and bulldog plec both got trapped inside my cana apple snail ( not at the same time) she was huge! Both lost fins and heavily bled we thought we were going to lose them as we had to gently pull the trapdoor open to get them out. My plec grew all his fins back but my albino didn't . They both lived to see another day! Here's a pic of my snail and bulldog together.

View attachment 145574
What?! I didnt know anything could get in there!

What?! I didnt know anything could get in there!

The fish use to annoy her when she was eating at the vegi clip, she use too close up trapping the fish it was horrible. The plec she bit his tail off it was lying at yhe bottom of the tank his tail grew back, the corie lost his dorsal and one of his pectoral fins they didn't grow though. She was one big snail!

My large silver dollar his nose is shredded from zooming from one end of the 55 to the other hitting the ends when spooked by the convicts

I have a one-eyed blue fancy guppy. He came that way from the store, but didn't notice it until I got him home. He does OK, but often will face his janky eye towards the side of the tank. He's watching you!

I have a polka dot loach that has eyes so Ill formed that I would be surprised if he can see at all, his head is tiny for his body too. He likes to cuddle with my ropefish.

The LFS near me has a Picasso trigger that used to live with an anglerfish. The angler taught the trigger to lie on its side and play dead! Once you know that he's not dead, it's very amusing!

I have a sailfin creamsicle molly whose spine is bent. Didn't come that way. Not sure what happened. She swims and eats and can poke at other fish on occasion. Not sure how long she will last, but she seems to do well enough. If she faces the glass her tail bends to the left.

My black skirt tetra sleeps upside down ? It looks like he's doing a head stand ? But he still eats and swims fine? It's really weird lol

I have a sailfin creamsicle molly whose spine is bent. Didn't come that way. Not sure what happened. She swims and eats and can poke at other fish on occasion. Not sure how long she will last, but she seems to do well enough. If she faces the glass her tail bends to the left.

We just rescued a spine bent glofish from petsmart. We named him lightning as he is yellow and shaped like a lightning bolt. Seems to have fattened up some since coming home too

My first ever retard fish was a blue glowfish that I named Ninja just because of this. He would hide so well in a tank with absolutely nothing blue in it. No one could find him. He scared the crap out of my grandparents doing this. He would spontaneously fly up to the front of the tank right where your face is and I kid you not he was saying "You can't find me! Hahaha!" and go right back into hiding where no one could find him. Ever. Four different people tried it. Never found him.

I had one guppy fry that I cleverly named Taz that would try to swim like the tasmanian devil in Looney Toons. He didn't last long.

My next one was my last betta. He was the most friendliest, docile betta I have ever seen. He was very curious about everything. He hated bright lights or objects, though. If something went into the tank or near him, he would slowly creep up to it to investigate it. Then if it moved, super ninja speed backwards away from it. And repeat. This is also the betta that was afraid of a snail. A nerite snail at that.

My current DG is rather odd. He thinks he's a gardener. He will adjust my plants, bite off dead leaves, keep them clean, and if he doesn't like where I stuck them, he will pull it up out of the sand and let it float until I move it. I have seen the evidence of him trying to replant some anacharis stems he trimmed. Just today he bit an anacharis stem in half and tried to stick it somewhere. He wasn't big enough.

My only "Nemo" fish is a cory cat named Lurch. I've noticed this week that his eyesight is fading. He was face planting straight into the lava rock that has been there for a good while. Today, he just hid behind the anacharis and had a panic attack when anything at all touched him. I felt so bad for the poor little guy. Although here just a little bit ago, the other two, Dracula and Lestat, have sort of taken him under their fin and are looking out for him. They figured out a way to tell him where to go so he can school with them. I've seen it. It's like they tap him when he needs to turn somewhere. I'm guessing he's seeing shadows, because he did freeze when my DG was right in front of him, but he still can't see very well, with freaking out if something touches him. He's a little more comfortable now that Dracula and Lestat figured out how to help him.

Back
Top Bottom