Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-17-2005, 02:57 AM   #1
Spring Break air travel

hey guys, my mom is leaving to go ti Wisconsin to visit her parents and blah blah blah i wanted to go but airplane flights are too "expensive" and with past airplane luck in our family my dad was on an airplane and the fuel pump got clogged and they started flying down and luckily after what seemed to my dad was 10 minutes(which it was actually 30 seconds of that) they got it unclogged

so hopefully she will get there safely
Old 03-20-2005, 11:05 PM   #2
wooooot hopefully she will...i'm going to london most likely this summer...sooo it should be all okay.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to sumphead
Hey Guys,

As an air traffic controller at a very busy en route facility I can hopefully offer piece of mind. Air travel remain by far and away the safest mode of travel. Aircraft have redundancies in great number (i.e. more than one fuel pump, altimeter, Hydrolic systems, etc.). Air traffic uses a mosaic radar system meaning the display comes from several secure radar sites instead of one like the old days. We also have a computer dedicated to look at radar data and project possible conflicts hundreds of miles in advance all aside from air traffic controllers looking at it directly. Aircraft also have thier own radar systems that are phenominal.

It is a human made system so failures are prone to happen, but so many precautions are made to ensure the safest air travel system in the world (Europe also uses our systems Kchick). Relax and enjoy your flight!

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com