spyware removal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
i think i have it. i get popups like once every 5 minutes even with a popup blocker. plus it keeps downloading all this crap thats telling me that i have spyware. but to tell me this they have to use spyware on me. this has happened with 2 different programs. i find it on my desktop.. now my bacikround changed telling me i need a spyware remover...

If you have what I suspect you may, I understand that it is exceedingly difficult to remove....you may need to consult a professional and equip yourself with some good firewalls and a router-type.

i have a router. i think it may have been something i downloaded with kazaa. im trying out the microsoft beta 1 right now. spyware remover... and its picking up stuff my other one didnt.

what kind of firewalls would you suggest?

I had a nasty bout with spyware a few months ago. Do a google search for and download Spybot and Spywareblaster. CW shredder is another good anti-spyware to run. The Mozilla Firefox browser has far fewer security holes than Internet Explorer, and is less vulnerable to spyware. The best news is that all these programs are free.

Like Toirtis said, you should have a firewall to protect your system from hacks. I use a software-based firewall from McAffee that came with my broadband connection. You should check with your ISP and see what they have available. The most secure type of firewall is built into some network routers - they tend to be expensive, though.

Regardless of what protection you have, you should never open unknown e-mail attachments. Whenever a popup window opens, click on the X to close it. Never click 'OK', or even "cancel'. Doing so can cause spyware to be installed on your system.

Just another thought for you krap...if you still use IE, I would suggest Mozilla Firefox. IE just has too many open portals for pop-ups. The combination of the anti-spyware program that Rev suggested, coupled with a nice firewall and firefox and your pop-up, spyware issue will be a thing of the past.

I've been using firefox for over a year. Prior to that, I had so many pieces of spyware (even most spyware cleaners couldn't remove it) every time I opened IE, a dozen or more pop-ups would enter...some would change my homepage and the amount of garbage that was running in the background slowed my computer to a crawl. I even had one piece of spyware that was installed in my program folder. When I went to manually remove...it directed me to go their site, download the un-install program...which turned out to be more spyware. :roll: :roll:

I haven't had an issue since...peace while using internet...who knew? :D

I personally love Ad-Aware. I had both Spybot and Spyware Blaster. After running both of them on my computer, I ran Ad-Aware. It found 100+ problems that the other programs didn't!

well.. i tried the microsoft thingy yesterday, and im using mozilla. this morning the lil spy sheriff thingy came back.. so maybe i have a virus?

i think the microsoft thingy might of worked. when i restarted my comp it asked me to block it. so i think this might of taken care of it.

okay i restarted and it came back... and my backrounds the lil.

f3a6f85e.jpg

theres what my screen looks like.

I had the same thing happen to me about 6 months or so ago. It's the only one that I had seen that would change your background. A friend of mine came over and downloaded "webroot." It is a 30 free trial version. This was the only program that could find it. But even that was not able to remove it from my system. But it did tell me what it was. I don't remember what it is called now, but I was able then to do a google search on it to learn how to remove it.

okay im downloading it.

and does anyone know where rundll.exe is? i think thats wut its called. because its getting really annoying it trying to run something that isnt there

What internet are you using? I had something very similiar happen soon after I reconnected Charter. I called them up and they offer a really awesome virus protection thing. Depending on what internet you use, you might be able to use their anti-virus stuff for free

I was going through the same thing. I downloaded Spyware doctor cleared it right up. Also look into a registry program. You can download it free at download.com.

krap101 said:
okay im downloading it.

and does anyone know where rundll.exe is? i think thats wut its called. because its getting really annoying it trying to run something that isnt there

Process File: rundll or rundll.exe
Process Name: Microsoft RunDLL

Description:
rundll.exe is a Windows System process belonging to the Windows 95, 98 and ME range of Microsoft Windows products. This is an important system process and should not be terminated. NOTE: rundll.exe can also be the LOXOSCAM and Backdoor.SchoolBus.B trojans depending on Operating System and file path; this is always a virus on Windows XP and 2000 operating systems however. Both are a backdoor Trojan that allow hackers to gain access to the computer. These program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately. If found on your system make sure that you have downloaded the latest update for your antivirus application. Please consult the file path to distinguish between this and the system process.

You should go into start go to where is says search. Search for it in file/folders. Once you find it you can erase it if your running Window XP or Windows 2000.

i tried the spyware doctor but you have to buy it. or is there some way to get arouind it?

okay ill delete it.

Well I'm using the free version. I thought I had to buy it also but it's working. You don't get a couple of the extra features.

There's two button at the end try exploring. I'm telling you I had my credit card about to buy it. I can't remember how I got it. I think there two buttons you can push at the end of the scan. Try them both even if you think there trying to make you buy it. Where did you download it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom