stained glass info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
If anyone out there has worked with stained glass or run across a stained glass forum that was fairly active, can you please share it with me here or via PM?

I'm looking to get into making some small stuff (maybe move on to lamps and small windows) but the only forum I found was hit only about once a month...I need something more established, since I can't find a place around here that has a class I can take...gonna have to self teach (and watch that lady on PBS saturday afternoons).

hehe My father used to play with stained glass quite a bit. He tought me a few things while I was growing up. THis was back before tha interwebs were more than a DARPA dream so I don't thing he's got much advice for forums or anything but... thats not the point ;o)

There's gotta be forums n such out there, maybe even yahoo groups or google groups. what kind of questions did you have?

Good luck with that, I had the chance to make a little stained glass dolphin ornament when I was a kid so I can appreciate what a difficult hobby it is. I'd love to see some pics when you get into it. :D

Well Billy, I've got a book on order, so I know that's gonna help get me started and answer a ton of initial questions.

I guess I just wanted to connect with people and get opinions on the different brands of equipment and that sorta stuff.

I did plan to hit yahoo groups too.

I wanted to start this a few years ago but just didn't have the funds to invest in all the initial equipment. Now it's easy to find stuff on the web at 40% off retail (at least local retail).

I do plan on doing various fish 'suncatchers' or hanging decorations. I really like to make/build stuff, but haven't yet found exactly the right thing. Hopefully this'll satisfy my building and my artistic side. Eventually I'll try to sell them on eBay or something fun like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom