Stands with no top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've seen a few stands online that don't have a solid top, and just support the edges of the tank. My 30 gallon came with a stand like that, too. I bought some particle board and added a top to it before I set the tank up, though. Does anyone here have a stand like that? To me it seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Every stand I own is like that including my six food tanks, the weight is evenly distributed on the rim of the aquarium. I think I have a higher chance to get killed by a great white shark than than have a failure such as that(plus living in Chicago helps).

Last edited:
+1 to what hukit said. Plus, if you look at the bottom of your tank all the weight is already distributed to the edges on the tanks trim with the bottom glass about 1/8" over top of whatever its resting on.

Every stand I own is like that including my six food tanks, the weight is evenly distributed on the rim of the aquarium. I think I have a higher chance to get killed by a great white shark than than have a failure such as that(plus living in Chicago helps).

Interesting. Still makes me nervous.

And yes, I doubt many great white sharks are swimming the streets of Chicago, lol.

Back
Top Bottom