Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...just wow:

"After starting the day with $16,912,367 from midnight shows alone, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith closed Thursday with $50,013,859 from an estimated 9,400 screens at 3,661 theaters. That's the biggest day ever for a single movie in history."

"Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith raked in an estimated $35 million on Friday,....George Lucas' final prequel has amassed around $85 million in two days, which, if estimates hold, would inch past Spider-Man's $83.0 million as the biggest two-day haul on record. It is already the fourth highest grossing picture of 2005 and could unseat Hitch as the No. 1 movie by the end of its first week."

"By Sunday, Revenge of the Sith should set the four-day record with over $150 million in the till. The previous benchmark was The Matrix Reloaded's $134.3 million. "

Well, Star Wars + movie worth seeing = new record sales. :grin:

I was especially shocked by "$16,912,367 from midnight shows alone"; I guess there're quite a few more SW fans than Spiderman/Matrix fans - and to think, most of those who went to the midnight showing are going to see the movie at least one more time, if not more. :)

Felt a little ripped off because I finished the game on PS2 and it was pretty much cliff's notes of the movie.

I made it a point to not play the game before I saw the movie, as I'd heard it had spoilers. . . I'd rather enjoy the movie. :D

I saw it yesterday, and it was pretty good. The dialogue was still crap, but better than Episodes 1&2. Is it just me or did they have Carrie Fisher play Senator Organa's wife when he brought home Leia, and was Mark Hamill teh guy that Obi-Wan gave Luke to?

Psyhampster said:
IIs it just me or did they have Carrie Fisher play Senator Organa's wife when he brought home Leia, and was Mark Hamill teh guy that Obi-Wan gave Luke to?

Just you, I think, but... Peter Mayhew, the original Chewbacca, also played chewbacca in this movie, Anothony Daniels and Kenny Baker back as C3PO and R2-D2 respectively (the only two actors to appear in all 6 movies, even though Baker is now over 70) and if you look closely enough you can see a couple of the Lucas clan, George Lucas as Baron Papanoida, and his daughter Katie Lucas as Chi Eekway, daughter Amanda Lucas as Terr Taneel, and son Jett Lucas as Zett Jukassa. It might also be noted that this was Christopher Lee's 219th film (he is already up to 225)....unbelievable just how many movies this man has been in over the past nearly 60 years.

I saw it thurs night, Well maybe not :roll: , it was out of focus most of the time. Then to top off a bad night sone freak made a big stink at the movies about the thing being out of focus. I had to get out of there before I told the jerk to grow up. I did call the theater on Fri, and they are replacing my tickets so it's not a total loss but I still can't beleive the nerve of some people.

Update:

"Destined to be one of the biggest blockbusters ever, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith blasted off with $158.4 million since Thursday. Overseas, Revenge of the Sith opened wider than any other movie in history, in 105 countries, amassing $145.5 million. All told, the $303.9 million worldwide start after five days stands as an all time high, eclipsing The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King's $250.1 million."

How stupid can you get? If the cops around there are anything like they are around here, they couldn't catch the culprit if he was wearing his mask in a nudist colony. :roll:

Just saw the movie. It was good. It wasnt awsome. I would classify it as a 4 out of 5. It was good to clear up some of the loose ends from episode 4. IE how Darth Vader got into the suit, how the twins where seperated and how they where selected to the famillies they where, etc. What I really did not have a good taste for was the implication of skywalker killing the children. Honestly I would have prefered that not even been hinted at.

On a lighter note I saw two young kids in the theater. One wearing his attempt at a jedi robe and the other had a plastic vader mask. I think the vader kid watched the movie wearing the mask. How cute is that. :D

Honestly I would have prefered that not even been hinted at.

On a lighter note I saw two young kids in the theater. One wearing his attempt at a jedi robe and the other had a plastic vader mask. I think the vader kid watched the movie wearing the mask. How cute is that.

Agreed - I thought it was a little much to insinuate that Anakin slaughter the 'younglings'. Sure, we assume Darth is capable of such, but we don't really need confirmation, imho.

I can't image wearing a mask for that whole time - lol! Cute indeed. :)

I have to agree wit you as well about the younglings. Me and my wife just looked at each other like we couldnt believe that....

Good movie though... :wink:

I finaly broke down and shelled out the $50 to go see it with my wife. It was a good movie, I like it. I was a bit irritated by someone else in the audience... so I'll have to watch it again when it hits DVD before I can make a final judgement on it. But for the most part I enjoyed the story and really like the revealing of Vader... right up until he got off the table... did anyone else think to themselves... when did vader become frankenstein? Maybe thats what lucas was going for? I dunno... i was stoked and enjoying the transformation... until that. it completely ruined it for me lol.

Didn't get the Frankenstein reference; do you mean about his posture? Movements? What?

the way he ripped his shackles off, and stepped forward like his legs were stiff as boards and weighed 100 pounds each. Just instantly reminded me of the old Frankentein movies when he first comes to life and tears himself free and walks for the first time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom