starting an Aquarium Society ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crickit99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Please move this if it should be in another section.

I was wondering if anyone was an active member of a local Aquarium Group? I am thinking of trying to start something in my area, but I have no idea where to start! There used to be one here, but I believe they disbanded a few years ago.

Any input would be a lot of help!!

Christina

First thing I would do is talk to the local fish shops. If their was a socity that was still in existance they would probably know about it. The next thing would be to ask them if you could post some flyers about your desire to start up one in their stores. A smart store owner would be ok with this as they would understand its a benifit to their store.

Yep, we have tried anything we can think of to find the group. I'm going to talk to an LFS tomorrow about what I want to do, and see what she has to say.

I'm pretty much clueless on what these clubs do. I will also look up some tomorrow, and do some reading on what others do.

I've had great feedback even on the first day, and I'm talking to people in east TN about a club they are starting as well.

:)

Typical CAS meeting:

1. 20 minutes of mulling about chatting and set-up.
2. Greet new people.
3. Announcements.
4. Officers' reports.
5. Break (10 minutes)
6. Raffle.
7. 'Jar' show (mini show with 1-3 categories of fish...we have one at each meeting) winners announced.
8. Mini auction.
9. Presentation (usually a 30 minute presentation by a club member on an area of their expertise).
10. Meeting officially ends, general milling about and social time.

PM Bernie - he hosts a "Gathering" at his store in TN every 3 months or so, that would be a great way to get started with some people more local to Memphis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom