Steelers got one for the thumb!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melissamustang said:
Thank you bosk1 and cJw. I was feeling a little ganged up on.....I was afraid to read my own post.

Good Heavens if I knew you felt that way I'd have shut up along time ago. To be fair though you did ask what people thought and obviously when there is a game there are going to be winners and loosers. People who are happy and thrilled and people who are disappointed and bitter. I'm sorry you felt "ganged up on." That was never my intention and I doubt it was anyone elses. Plus the replies seem to go all directions, definitely not clearly one sided from my perception.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know I check this board throughout the day in between cleaning, laundry, and other mundane stuff. I love when there is a lively discussion going on in the lounge. My children are young and I'm cut off from adult conversation for a large part of my day. For me it's all fun. Nothing personal. I definitely wouldn't even have posted in your thread if I thought my posts would make you feel "afraid" to follow the thread anymore. :roll: Sorry

I have zero emotional involvement in this game... in football in general to be honest. I'm not much of a sports fan (but i do enjoy hockey). The only reason i was watching was because I was at a superbowl party (just an excuse to get out with friends really) and the people I was with were actually rooting for the steelers. So my observations are quite impartial.

My comments were referring to the perception I got from watching the game; the unarguable slight towards the steelers in those black and white interviews with players holding the trophy and that some of the calls were simply questionable. Even the commentators on the television during the game gave their opinion that some of the calls were questionable.

This is one of the things I have always disliked about sports. Depending on the game and the team the presentation can often be very one sided. When that bleeds over to a handful of "questionable calls" it gives an unmistakable flavor of something that's "set up". This is my opinion.

I have zero emotional involvement in this game... in football in general to be honest. I'm not much of a sports fan
Me too. I can not believe how upset some people get. If they had a family member or even a friend that played for a team I could understand them getting that involved. To me it is just entertainment. Football game/ Cops etc. all the same to me.

I was rooting for the Steelers, bu if they had lost I wouldn't have been terribly dissapointed. Seattle had a good team, although they played in what was arguably a weaker conference. Some good AFC teams didn't make the playoffs. There may have been a few questionable calls, as there usually is in every game. The Steelers had a great run up to the final. From the time Terry Bradshaw said they weren't going to make the playoffs, they won every game, playing some great football along the way. I have always thought that the mark of a champion was to win even when you played poorly. While the Superbowl wasn't either team's best game, lets not forget that each side's opponent had something to do with that. I love gadget plays, and to me, they show a certain confidence, and the Steelers had that on Sunday. Still and all, it is only a football game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom