Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Steelers got one for the thumb!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Any comments????

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I don't normally watch football but even I know that one Seahawk touchdown should have counted and that one Steelers touchdown was total B.S. Poor Seahawks got robbed! They should be called the Stealers! The ref should get MVP.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
cJw
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I disagree, tally - I thought the first Steeler's TD was, in fact, a touchdown. It looked to me like the ball 'broke the plane'. :shrug:

The first Seahawk TD, on the other hand, was an iffy call - I think that could have went either way. I was glad to see the receiver called for the foul, though, as I think in ALL sports today they're way too lenient with calling anything.
6 gold barbs
3 peppered cory cats
1 'maldito' cory cats=
1 yoyo loach
1 clown pleco
6 ghost shrimp

There are no coincidences.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I just can't help but feel like every call the ref made favored the Steelers. But maybe my geographic location and tendency towards supporting the underdog makes me biased!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
cJw
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Two of my friends today already have said that the Steelers were 'chosen' to win before the game started.

Quote:
Yeah, you're probably biased. :P
6 gold barbs
3 peppered cory cats
1 'maldito' cory cats=
1 yoyo loach
1 clown pleco
6 ghost shrimp

There are no coincidences.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

It just seems like statistically the Seahawks played better. Their quarterback was definitely better. I'm not someone who knows alot about football but the Seahawks certainly looked better especially early on. If those two controversial calls had gone the other way the Seahawks would've won but then I guess the Steelers fans would be upset with the ref. From all the pre-game talk I expected the Steelers to completely dominate the game and they certainly didn't do that so I guess that's something.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

From the NFL Rulebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL Rulebook
Offensive Pass Interference

b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.
The Seattle player did this right in front of the back judge. No need to debate it any further.

I did not see the ball go over the line, nor any part of Big Ben's body. IMO, that was not a touchdown.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers...they will ruin any teams chances of winning.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

I saw it a POSSIBILITY that the tip of the ball touched the goal line. Having said that, it seemed hard for the ref to overturn the call on the field. If it was not ruled a TD on the field, and the appeal said that he did cross, I still think the ref would've let that stand also.

Boring game IMO. Redskins would've made a better game out of it. And yes, I'm very biased. Hee, hee.

Did like the monkey and the baby clydesdale commercials. I'm not sure if I liked the streaker commercial, but it was kind fun, I guess.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 02-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

IMO, the biggest glaringly "bad call" was the seattle catch/fumble in the first quarter that was ruled incomplete. 8| he caught the ball, tucked it in, turned around and started to run... but it was ruled incomplete... ?

But I do have to agree, it really did feel "set up" right from the get go.

Did you notice those little lombardie trophy snips that were in black and white they kept playing. Did you notice every one of those snips was a stealers player, except one. And that clip was a montage split between stealers and seahawks... nothing like feeding the paranoia!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Wow.........I did feel that the beginning of the game was all them..."Seahawks" but, they made some really bad moves play wise. I kind am very bias as you already know. The Seahawk touchdown ruled out of bounds...........It was out of bounds and the touchdown from are QB was ruled a touchdown because it was. The officials upstairs called it too. The ball did break the plane..Barely but it did......Sorry mu opinion. And by the way there were a ton of face masks and cutting that was oh so unfair from the seahawks. GO STEELERS>>>We got it.

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Closed Thread

Tags
eel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com