Stickies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you like to see some of the trivia threads as a sticky?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody

Aquarium Advice Addict
I started to post this in site help/feedback... but wanted to use the poll option,

I know this has been hashed out before...
but some of the trivia threads in the lounge are very popular,
Photo
music
movie
&
Quotes
I personally would like to see them as a sticky
I have the feeling that I am not alone, just wanted to get an idea on how many people feel the same.
I know in the lounge we have alot of stickies, and I know FF feels there are to many... but like I said... I would like to see at least guess the pic a sticky *by far the most popular and my personal fave*

A "sticky" keeps the thread at the beginning of the forums. Since I'm the author of one of these games, I am completely biased and will not vote in this thread.

Yeah...right....sticky all the way!

A sticky stays at the top of page 1 of any given forum. An announcment stays at the top of EVERY page of a given forum.

The logic we have about excessive stickies is this. To many such posts that are always at the top of the first page will cause new posts to appear further and further down on the page. Visitors and newbies to the forum world may never realize there are posts below what appears on their screen. There are some interesting internet studies out there that show that things that appear 'below the fold' (ie things you have to scroll to see) do not get seen by the majority of visitors to a webpage. With this known decesions need to be made as to whats most important and try to have that appear on the screen with no scrolling for the average computer user's resolution.

How about a whole new page just for trivia? I don't know how much extra work that would be, but its an idea.

I agree with Meredith and zacdl we have too many stickies and it would be a great idea to have another little forum for it

I personally think that it's not neccesairy to make the trivia threads stickies, simply because they are popular and you never have a hard time finding them back, they're always on page 1 anyway.
Right?
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom