Stop betta abuse !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you guys think a 3.7 rimless aio cube would be good? Right now it has guppy fry but they can go elsewhere. It's heavily planted and also has spider driftwood and river rocks. Does this sound good? Thanks!

Agreed c: it kills me to see a betta in small tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Me too. Those dang things should be banned in my opinion. 1g minimum (daily water changes in that case and ESPECIALLY daily water changes in something smaller) but 1/4 gal cubes? HELLO KITTY CUBES? I've seen those too. Encouraging bettas being in small spaces with those cute attractive little things. No no no!

In my humble opinion 4-5 g minimum is what a happy betta would want :)

Do you guys think a 3.7 rimless aio cube would be good? Right now it has guppy fry but they can go elsewhere. It's heavily planted and also has spider driftwood and river rocks. Does this sound good? Thanks!

3.7g ? For one betta? Sure! That's not terrible :) Does it have some filtration?

Definitely move the fry before adding a betta if you want the fry. Otherwise he'd love a snack :ermm:

3.7g ? For one betta? Sure! That's not terrible :) Does it have some filtration?

Definitely move the fry before adding a betta if you want the fry. Otherwise he'd love a snack :ermm:

Yep. I'll post a pic. It's a small all in one cube. Has filter chamber(not hob) and I have a heater in there. Stays at 78.5

Sounds like a good place for a betta! Just stay on top of water changes. For sure I'd recommend every other day or at most every 72 hours unless its cycled. You do not want ammonia issues! I've been through that and my poor fish!

Sounds like a good place for a betta! Just stay on top of water changes. For sure I'd recommend every other day or at most every 72 hours unless its cycled. You do not want ammonia issues! I've been through that and my poor fish!

Has been set up for about a month. Do like 1 gal wcs weekly.

I think a betta will love that. I have one betta in a 2.5 gallon bowfront and one in a 3 gallon cube they both love it. I know it's not the best situation possible but it's the best I can do with limited space, and goodness knows it's better than the tiny cups at the pet store.

I don't think it matters, males tend to have longer fins and are showier so most people like them more.

What does a beta need? I had one a while back. Can't seem to remember
I have tank, heater, light that's growing plants really wel. I love this kit from petco! What do they eat? What water conditions? I want this to be perfect for the little guy. This is about a month old and is tank number 5! Thanks!

:)

I'd do it more than that. I had minor ammonia issues after just 2 days in my 2g, and .5ppm after just 5 days in it! I now am really irritated with myself, he's lost a lot of tail. Meticulous water changes and care after that! Do you have a water testing kit (not strips, which are usually not very accurate).

Yes a heater! Unless its 80 inside all the time lol. Keep his temp between 76-78. Get a thermometer too. So you know what the temp is :)

How much does the filter disturb the water? There are ways to buffer it.

Ok. I have a heater. I have upgraded the filter media to a carbon bag and Lots of media. I can adjust the flow from the return pump. It's actually 90 outside. Florida. Lol. But 74ish inside. I have a little lcd thermometer. It runs around 78.

Back
Top Bottom