Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Stop Trademark Bullying- Petition

Petition: Monster Energy Company: Stop Trademark Bullying MonsterFishKeepers.com! | Change.org

Small, internet forums are an important means to spread specialized knowledge and should not be bullied by large corporations with deep pockets for lawyers. This is JMO. Please keep any comments to a minimum and on topic.

Question everything you see on the internet. ~ George Orwell
HN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Monster .....

I signed the petition on AAAA ..... I hope everyone on the forum here signs up!!!!!

wacky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Thanks for posting the link HN1, I had signed it last week I believe. But we need more to sign.
“Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my goodness.... I could be eating a slow learner!
-Lynda Montgomery
butterfly_koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thanks for posting. Signed!
"Be exactly who you want to be, do what you want to do! I am he and she is she, but, you're the only YOU!"
christine2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes, Please every member on this board post the change.org link to those forums and your facebook pages.
That's not a planted tank. That's a jungle with glass around it- MFDROOKIE Circa 2011
WhiteDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus
In all honesty, if I knew nothing of the monsterfishkeepers site and was searching for Monster energy drinks, I could understand the confusion of logo infringment (even though the entities are different). I think it's a bit much to ask not to consume their products just because they want them to use a different logo....jmo.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
I think I knew about mfk site before I knew about monster energy drinks lol
100g Slightly planted, 6 Platinum tiger barbs, 3 Marble angles, 5 Tourquoise Rainbows, 5 Bosemani Rainbows, 10 harlequin rasboras, 1 Botia loaches, 2 gbrs 2 mystery snails
35g 1 marble gar, 9 BA tetras
Joe5688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
As someone that works in marketing and sees this stuff daily, the logos aren't even close in design.

Monster energy drink does not own the trademark for exclusive use of the letter M in marketing. That can't be done.

One is green squiggly lines like a stalagtite and one is an M made to look like a devil symbol.

The fish site is not misleading in any way with it's marketing, and they do not gain any profit from trying to pretend or falsely associate themselves with the drink company.

"Infringement may occur when one party, the "infringer", uses a trademark which is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark owned by another party, in relation to products or services which are identical or similar to the products or services which the registration covers."

"Where the respective marks or products or services are not identical, similarity will generally be assessed by reference to whether there is a likelihood of confusion that consumers will believe the products or services originated from the trademark owner."

If the fish site starts selling energy drinks or insinuates they are endorsed by the drink company, then they have a case.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
aaronjohn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
I like monster but this is moronic so I did sign after all the emails and hope monster doesn't win this.

55G-Malawi setup
2 20G long-community (planted)
5G and 10g-Fry
30G- S. and C. America tank
Fishie is offline   Reply With Quote

bully, bullying

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com