Strangest fish set up you know of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
The title does not give a clear idea of where I would like this thread to go. I have heard of some strange fish setups and I know I'm not alone here. Let's hear some of the strangest ways people(you or someone else) have kept fish. NOTE: please keep this thread without too much ridicule towards others, it's just for fun! I'll start off by sharing my story:
I know someone who had won a common goldfish at a county fair. And as we all (should) know, any goldfish need a very large tank with good filtration. She kept it in a 1.5 gallon tank! Later on, someone at her church was getting rid of two other goldfish, I believe they were also commons. She adopted the other two fish and now had all three in a 10 gallon.

Hmmmm.... I have seen a plecostamus in a tank alone, no live plants, no algae, and he took up the whole tank. Felt bad for the guy :/ not sure why he didn't have any fish with him. I don't think thats too odd, but thats all I can think of lol

:(:(:(:( don't laugh but I have a 75gal tank and it had koi but I wanted a head start on my SA cichlids so I took the 2-8 inch koi and put them in a 15-20 gal longer and wider than most bins about a foot. Tall!! And the only thing they had was a floating plant and a air pump:(:(:(

I have an all male African cichlid tank that somehow managed to get one female in it. Thankfully she's not being harassed or anything.

At 1 point I had a 75 gal with African cichlids, south american cichlids, gouramis, a pacu, and Mississippi map turtle and all got a long great have since downsized to a 55 gal that has my turtle, convicts(female pink and black and gray(both pregnant), male black and gray), sunshine peacock cichlids, and another peacock I'm not sure of

In my doctors office they have a 55gal. 1 huge common pleco, 1 large bala shark, three large goldish gourami's, and four lambchop rasporas. With huge plants so the only ones that could move were the lambchops.

I've seen a video where a guy had his HUGE Oscar in a 10 gallon tank. Need less to say, I was pretty angry lol

I remember when i got a 5g two years ago, i knew next to nothing about the hobby! So i added 3 golfish and two tetras. Thank goodness i had a good lfs! the guy told me i was WAY overstocked, and i returned my golfish and got three more tetras.

Back
Top Bottom