Stupid people on ebay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
So there is this 48in Oceanic Light strip that I really really want for my 75gal and its on ebay. The cool thing is the person is welcome to picking the item up and he lives in the same city that I do and when I found it the bid was at $13. However all of these people who have like 0 feedback are bidding repeatidly on it and the bid is at 31.99 with two days left *snarl*

Apparently its never been used and its an Oceanic 48in, single bulb power strip with the on/off switch on the chord as opposed to the strip. How much would that run for in the store? So I don't bid more than it would cost me to run out and get it

I tried looking it up and the only one I found that was Oceanic brand was like $130 and the picture is bad- er, it sorta looks different but it might be because the one on ebay is black and the one i found is oak. So im not sure how much it is supposed to cost.

Email the seller and ask what he would sell it for under the "buy it now" stuff. If the price is to your liking then handle it that way. Ebay gets their money and you don't have to deal with idiot "0"'s on there. :mrgreen:

Hmmm thats a good idea I emailed him asking him the retail value on it n stuff maybe if these idiots quit bidding i won't have to ask for the buy now option

From the description it sounds like it's been in storage for a very long time, so they probably don't make that model anymore which is why there's no info about it anywhere.

ClamKnuckle has a point.

If there is such an intense bidding war days before the end of auction, Then most likely it is friends driving the price.

As we all know, Items on eBay...They get sold in the last 30 seconds of the acution, when everyone is trying to snipe the auction away at the last second before anyone can imput a counterbid.

Good point, too

It looks almost like the person with no feedback put a massive proxy bid on it

None the less its annoying!

Email the seller and ask what he would sell it for under the "buy it now" stuff. If the price is to your liking then handle it that way. Ebay gets their money and you don't have to deal with idiot "0"'s on there.
You can't do a buy it now if someone has already placed a bid on the item unless there is a reserve that hasn't been matched yet.

I usually snipe whatever I buy; "It's the only way to ebay".

The thing about ebay that kills me is the $1 purchase with the $15 shipping and handling on a small paperback book.

Yah, the shipping always kills me.

Oh for the reocrd like, 10min after the auction was over I was sitting at my boyfriends apartment going "WHAT TIME IS IT?! OH NO!" and missed it =o(

Oh well, ill find another one.

I think someone missed the point.

Did the auction have a buy it now option?

I doubt it, You can not just email the seller and ask them to stop the auction now and sell it to you.

Buy it now is an option they enable, and if you want to buy it now.. .You simply click the buy it now button, pay the predetermined amount for buy it now, boom.

Its not something you email the seller, If the seller has it its on the auction page.

emailing a seller and asking to stop the auction so you can buy it now, is not something ebay condones. And is outside the realm of protection ebay offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom