Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homedog98

... I'd rent a hotel... I am NOT driving in that with no AC lol. Or I'd install I giant fan in the back seat
Well I roll both windows down and avoid traffic and stop lights so I dont have to slow down much

Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdepriest6009

Well I roll both windows down and avoid traffic and stop lights so I dont have to slow down much
U can actually get those fans that hook into the cigarette thingie!! Lol that might help a little

Old 07-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi from the pacific NW where it's been between 85-92* for almost a week. We usually have cool wet weather even in the summer, not this year, last summer too. It got so unusually warm I bought an air conditioner for my bedroom. I put it in the garage for the winter to protect it and when I put it back in the window 2 weeks ago it lasted for one and quit. 3 weeks past the one year warranty, I'M NOT HAPPY.
I'm waiting to hear back from the manufacturer, to see if they will replace it or if I have to spend another $260.00 to get a new one.
My fish aren't to happy either, the temp hasn't dropped but 15* or so at night, so the tank temp started to climb in the 2-10 tanks. One has Fry and the other has very young 1 1/2 to 2" BN Plecos. 2 Green Dragon BN & 3 Long Fin Albino BN Plecos. I've been making ice with Prime/tap in them so that I can just drop some in every now & then it drops the temp. So far none of them seem to mind. I try not to let the water get to hot before I add ice, so they don't get stressed out by the temp change. All of us need our cool air back.
Some one should start a thread on clever ways to stay cool when the weather gets like this. I would do it myself but I don't know any clever and not so clever ways to stay cool. I just complain about it, it doesn't help.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossie

U can actually get those fans that hook into the cigarette thingie!! Lol that might help a little
Lol yea but the air coming through the window at 70mph might over power the fan.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Lol yea but the air coming through the window at 70mph might over power the fan.
Lol im not thaaaaaat blonde !!! It wouldnt at stop lights and traffic
Old 07-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did I mention that I live in OKLAHOMA were the wind blows like crazy. A 20mph wind is a breeze
Old 07-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Did I mention that I live in OKLAHOMA were the wind blows like crazy. A 20mph wind is a breeze
Ok ok ok. I give up!!! Lol
Old 07-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes I love it when I win lol and plus what money I don't spend on rent and gas goes to fish stuff so I don't ever have the money lol
Old 07-08-2011, 02:16 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

A car fan is only about $10.00, but they don't work all that well.
I got one for my SUV and it just moves the hot air around. Which is the same as having the windows down.

10 years ago I put $500.00 into my SUVs air conditioner and it didn't work again by the fallowing summer, so I gave up.

So now we use my daughters car in the summer. It has a really great air conditioner, since it's a 2009. Then we use my SUV with snow tires in the winter, cause it has an incredible heater. It's really warm even in cold snowy and/or icy weather.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well I'm glad I'm not going any were today we only surpassed the high by 5 degrees today I'm so glad we have an a/c.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1460733261.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	43218  

Tags
eat, heat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com