Summer heat!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ughh. I used to fly around Norman OK and I remember the density altitude always being ridiculous in the summer.

It isn't much better here in Middle Georgia I guess. Every day is high humidity and high nineties. Kind of miserable.

I spent almost 8 years in New Orleans. I moved down there in February of 92, figuring it would give me time to acclimate to the heat. WHen I left CT, it was -15...when I got to New Orleans 2 days later, it was 74...even in February. I spent that first summer going from apartment to car to apartment and doing my grocery shopping at 2am at a 24hr Super Walmart.

8 years later when I moved to Virginia, I froze to death even in the middle of the summer..the high only got to about 95 :)...After New Orleans' summers, 115-120 heat indices, 95 was positively cool in Virginia.

Maryland has been overly warm this summer as well and my electric bill is definitely showing the increase for the longer time for the AC to run. I am living like a proverbial mushroom with all the blinds down. I have window AC and two tower fans to get better circulation of the cooler air..tanks are staying fairly consistent at about 76.

Back
Top Bottom