Summer heat!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cdepriest6009

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm from central oklahoma and it has been very hot all ready this year for summer for instance there has already been several days of over 100 degree weather like today that was 102 and tomorrow that is going to be 101 then the lowest of the week is supposed to be like 95 I think along with those high temps there is the heat index which is always higher. But I was just gunna see if this is on oklahoma trend or if the rest of your areas are experiencing abnormally high temps.

Tampa has been even more blazing then normal this year, but we also had some freakish cold weather last winter...

Yea everyone keeps saying it's supposed to be a bad summer so I'm dreading this July and august when we normally get our hot weather.

Heat index here was 109 on thursday...and I had to wear acid gear (Rubber Jacket, gloves, and goggles) My coworker and I were literally ringing the sweat out of our clothes after we finished the job...

Sulfuric Acid reacts violently with water, the plant I work for was suppose to do a routine air flush on a plant wide piping system so we could perform repairs. Unfortunately, someone in the maintenance department flushed a very expensive BRAND NEW stainless steel system with water. My coworker and I had to go up in man lifts and assess just how much damage had been done, they flushed the piping with water overnight and pretty much fried most of the gaskets, plus add a good 10-15 mils on all the pipe that had not been converted to stainless yet. Someone's head probably rolled for that mistake...

For our own safety we were required to wear full acid gear, in the event of a leak. If you get Sulfuric on your skin and wash it off the thermal reaction is well of 500 degrees, the exact temperature depends on the concentration of the acid your exposed to.

It did, I assure you. We were back on it Friday morning as well, I swear I lost 25 gallons of water via sweat those two days. Oh well, part of the job I suppose.

I would too, I will work in the heat. But when I am inside, I better have my AC. lol

Man pure I feel for ya 2 summers ago I work on a construction crew pouring concrete and we had a job that was in the middle of no were literally the closest tree was a half mile from the site and the nearest house was 2 miles away that was no fun at all

Yeah I was building a flue (chimney) this week I thought I was gonna melt to the roof I had to keep a bucket of water to dunk my head into lol heat SUCKS I'll take fall year round please lol

Yea fall would be nice but here recently we ain't had much spring or fall it just goes straight for summer to winter and winter to summer.

its been 94+ degrees everday for the last 10-14 days here in the atlanta area luckily i just got the freon in my car refilled lol

Atlanta is sooooooooo hot. The turf melts to my cleats at lacrosse practice. :( my dogs don't even want to go outside because the sidewalks and grass burn their pads.

Atlanta is sooooooooo hot. The turf melts to my cleats at lacrosse practice. :( my dogs don't even want to go outside because the sidewalks and grass burn their pads.

lol yea with no relief in site

Back
Top Bottom