Summer project. Warning lots of pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
For the month of August and part of Sept we have been tearing down our ugly old rotten deck and building a new one. All that is left is the skirting under the deck but we are waiting until spring as the ground will likely shift and settle and we will need to re-level in the spring. That is easier to do with no skirting. It's all cedar.

The old deck.

The ground where the second level will be.

Back to the basics. I had a heck of a time balancing across the joists. LOL

Mound of cedar for the new deck. Did it smell great!

Beginning of the new upper level

Before the linseed oil

After the linseed oil

The framing of the lower deck.

Lower deck

Finally stairs between the two levels. Now I can quit climbing up and down.

Finished without the skirting.

And my killer BBQ! :lol:

Awesome deck! I really like how it looks with the linseed oil. It gives it a "natural look" which I like better than the stained with "solid colors" effect. So when's the cookout? : )

That's awesome! Looks like Sparky has some competition with your deck (he's building one too).

That is gorgeous and totally impressive! Love the pic with the cat hanging out in the dirt, too. :)

That is one awesome looking deck! I know the next people that move into my house are going to hate me, since I used screws on my deck!

That looks amazing!!! I wish us lot in the UK had enough room in our gardens to build such a large deck!!! :D

But then again, to enjoy decking, you need to have nice weather, something we seem to be lacking this year!!! :lol:

Zagz said:
Thanks all, LOL Sicklid, next summer is a two tiered pond with waterfall and rock border.

Oooo, cant wait for that! I love ponds, and I am planning one of my own right now... Is it going to go where you have the rock-bordered bed right now? It would look awesome right there, and standing on the edge of the deck you could get the illusion of floating over the water...

But, I am sure wherever you place it it is gonna be sweet!

Back
Top Bottom