SW or FW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now. As many have stated everyone is entitled to their opinon. What folks dont like though is someone trying to press their opinon onto others. $imple if you dont like FW thats all fine and dandy dont set one up, dont look at the FW fish in the store and dont talk to FW folks as if they are some lower class aquarists.

Its very clear that you dont have a good grasp at the complexaty of a quality planted setup. A quality planted setup require just as much if not MORE work to maintain than a saltsetup. Its not like we have to prune our corals on a regular basis where planted tanks require fairly consistant pruning not to meantion the use of CO2 and checking of water conditions to make sure your not dosing to much CO2, etc.

$imple, I invite and encourage you to post pics of your own stunningly beautiful SW setup, and then us FW aquarists might be swayed to switch over.

TankGirl said:
$imple, I invite and encourage you to post pics of your own stunningly beautiful SW setup, and then us FW aquarists might be swayed to switch over.

Yes, do that and just maybe you might get someone to change. I love both fresh and saltwater, that why I have 2 tanks since I can't make up my mind. So take pics of your tank and put your money where your mouth is. LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya, post some pics up of your set up, and then someone post a pic of their awesome planted FW and we will vote who's looks nicer. :wink:

a fact can be an opinion but not all opinions can be facts. how can someone be childish when they state a fact? there is no other way to put it, a fact is a fact.

and about the picture, let me find my digital camera and I'll have a pic up here in no time. I'll allow you guys to ask for forgiveness after I post my pics.

Menagerie said:
OK people why attack the person for his opinion
He is more than welcome to his opinion, but the way he expressed it leaves much to be desired.

FWIW, my last post was humorous--how many here knew that abbreviation was available??? :biglol:

I thought it was funny!! :lol:
This subject is not worth discussion. We are all here for 1 reason....we love fish keeping, be it salt or fresh. :)
Lets talk about a more calmer subject like..... politics!! :rocket: :tgv:

You can't make statements like this and call them fact, $imple. This is a subjective hobby. What is art? Your statement sounds like this to me: "The color red is the best color. Fact. Anyone who does not agree that the color red is the best color is stupid and wrong."

Anyone wanna vote for the thread to be locked, or is there more?

$imple, my patience with you is running very thin. Unless you can PROVE by pointing to scientificly backed studies showing your opinon is indeed a proven fact it will be an opinon.

I'll allow you guys to ask for forgiveness after I post my pics.

I wont stand for crap like this on these forums.

Yah, and I can say "Hey, the sky is green- thats a fact and you guys are lame for thinking its not- LOSERS.. you guys are LOSERS LOSERS LOSERS" you can't justify being an :butt: with "thats my opinion". That is what you call passive aggressive.

Personally, I think you post half the things you post to get people worked up, its a game of control and it's stupid.

Do not have any comments for our friend $imple...Just waiting to be blown away by the pics of his awesome tank...where are they?

As my sister says this is a nonversation CASE CLOSED!!!!
Im getting really tired of these theological shouting matches on-line, you can't compare FW tanks, to SW. :roll:

You remember a few years back when Wendy's had the slogan "where's the beef?" Well where's the pictures.

Hey Seafan reading some of your other post, I am beginning to think you are this sites Administrator. If you dont like it dont read. 8O

Sorry, but I can't resist posting here. Although I totally disagree with $imple, I do understand his opinion. After all, who hasn't been blown away by the beauty of salt water fish.

As far as FW being lame.........well, how many SW aquarists started with SW tanks? I would think most gained their experience from keeping FW fish and then made a switch. I have had a few SW tanks in my life and then went back to FW. The reason being, I wanted a challenge. There are things I hadn't accomplished as an aquarist and I thought I would find this venture rewarding and satisfying.

So $imple, here are a few pics of my lame FW tanks and fish. I invite you to try this, you just might change your opinion.

8O

..and again, 8O

Saltwater tanks are stunning, colorful, and really catch your eye, it's true, but freshwater tanks can be relaxing, calming, and nice to look at after a hard day at work. Watching FW Angelfish drift around can take a *lot* off your mind.

Does every car have to be a racecar? Can't you just go for a calming Sunday drive every now and then?

Ok, so let's say you don't care about that. You just want interesting things that can hold your apparently short attention span. There are plenty of freshwater and brackish fish that can catch your eye.. my Dwarf Puffer is only an inch, and she amuses everyone with her antics. There are freshwater Eels, and Stingrays too. Danios can play tag in your tank, while Goldfish can make you smile when they beg for food - even though you just fed them two minutes ago.

I don't think there's any way I could choose between my freshwater and saltwater tanks, and while I can see someone having a passion for one or the other, I find it hard to believe that anyone who truly loves one can hate the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom