Tabked houdini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm pretty sure they overstocked the Houdini tank.

They made a tank for a kid in a tv that was 8 gallons and filled it with 3 species of freshwater sharks I love the show but these guys are morons when it comes to fish.

Well I will put it like this since you don't understand what an opinion means, they've been doing this for 19 years running a multimillion dollar business and you've been into this hobby for what a few months now tops, so I wonder who would I ask advice from hmmm? When your in their position with that type of experience under your belt I will take your word as fact until then it's your opinion nothing more! I have been in this hobby breeding fish longer than you've been alive so trust me they don't get where they are not understanding fish.

Last edited:
Well I will put it like this since you don't understand what an opinion means, they've been doing this for 19 years running a multimillion dollar business and you've been into this hobby for what a few months now tops, so I wonder who would I ask advice from hmmm? When your in their position with that type of experience under your belt I will take your word as fact until then it's your opinion nothing more! I have been in this hobby breeding fish longer than you've been alive so trust me they don't get where they are not understanding fish.

Have you not read other people's posts about going to the places were they built tanks just a few days to weeks after they were done and seen aquarium Maintenance pulling all the dead fish out ? They build tanks you could do that without understanding fish . I could just as long as I knew how much weight the water would be the thick was of glass or plexi and so on.

Since you have been In it so long would you put 3 rainbow sharks and several other breeds of sharks into an 8 gallon aquarium ? No because they would die . They had several bala sharks in it as well. I don't think it takes much effort to know that most of the shark species need 50+ gallons and the bala sharks need 70 and can grow to be almost a foot long.

Your right I'm only 21 you know way more then me and quite frankly I think you know more than them.

Have you not read other people's posts about going to the places were they built tanks just a few days to weeks after they were done and seen aquarium Maintenance pulling all the dead fish out.

I did read that, so it must be true since they're not allowed to put up anything up on the internet that isn't true. Don't believe everything you read, were there pictures of the dead floating fish in all these builds that supposedly crash? No, not a single one has ever graced the Internet! How could that be since all their fish are dying from poor stocking choices, especially since neary everyone has a camera in there hand 24 hours a day with cellphones? Please tell me you can't be this naive believing all the Internet trolls, I would hate to lose my faith in humanity? What's next Brett and Wade are actually aliens, Elvis works at ATM, or ooh I know they'll be stocking tanks with those mermaids I've seen the new evidence on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
ooh I know they'll be stocking tanks with those mermaids I've seen the new evidence on!

So you saw that too? I'm still not sure if that was a couple wasted hours of my life or one of the funniest things I have ever seen on tv.

As far as tanked goes, I don't like the show, but you are right that no one has posted pics, and we all know the rule of the internet - pics or it didn't happen. I don't like their stocking practices, but who knows what happens after the cameras turn off. For all we know those fish get taken out and replaced with reasonable stock. Mostly I hate the shoe because I hate all reality tv pretty equally.

And yeah, opinions are like... well, everybody's got one.

I did read that, so it must be true since they're not allowed to put up anything up on the internet that isn't true. Don't believe everything you read, were there pictures of the dead floating fish in all these builds that supposedly crash? No, not a single one has ever graced the Internet! How could that be since all their fish are dying from poor stocking choices, especially since neary everyone has a camera in there hand 24 hours a day with cellphones? Please tell me you can't be this naive believing all the Internet trolls, I would hate to lose my faith in humanity? What's next Brett and Wade are actually aliens, Elvis works at ATM, or ooh I know they'll be stocking tanks with those mermaids I've seen the new evidence on!

Ugh pretty sure the one dude uploaded a picture of them working on removing the tank. On the tv show they put in their tank a fish that will pick on another fish because they thought it was funny .

If they stock them for real like they do on TV they definitely over stock.

I'm not sure how that is even arguable like I said before they put like 12 sharks in an 8 gallon tank.

Yes I'm aware they could have just removed them before they actually gave it to the kid BUT they are teaching ignorant viewers who don't know that it's okay to do that.

Yes I'm aware they could have just removed them before they actually gave it to the kid BUT they are teaching ignorant viewers who don't know that it's okay to do that.

It's not the TV show's fault if you don't do your research before setting up a tank - the show does seem to suggest that the stocking level is OK, however just a small amount of research would prove that wrong. It never really is a good rule of thumb to blindly follow what you see on TV.

It's not the TV show's fault if you don't do your research before setting up a tank - the show does seem to suggest that the stocking level is OK, however just a small amount of research would prove that wrong. It never really is a good rule of thumb to blindly follow what you see on TV.

Yes I know you should do research problem is most people won't. Nextly the show is on "Animal Planet" I'm not sure where all these reality shows took over be educational networks like Nat Geo, History , and Discovery. Anyways when I was growing up Animal planet had educational shows that educated the viewers on animals and their habitats and provided factual information. The station also showed things about endangered species and things you could do to help. Now they can show a person 10 fish in a 8 gallon tank and that's helping animals ? That's hurting animals because some 10 year old kid will see it and run spend his allowance on a tank and stuff a ton of fish in it.

That's all I'm really saying .

Yes I know you should do research problem is most people won't. Nextly the show is on "Animal Planet" I'm not sure where all these reality shows took over be educational networks like Nat Geo, History , and Discovery. Anyways when I was growing up Animal planet had educational shows that educated the viewers on animals and their habitats and provided factual information. The station also showed things about endangered species and things you could do to help. Now they can show a person 10 fish in a 8 gallon tank and that's helping animals ? That's hurting animals because some 10 year old kid will see it and run spend his allowance on a tank and stuff a ton of fish in it.

That's all I'm really saying .

Lots of people will not do research, I don't disagree. However is that really the show's fault, or the person's?

The show and network it's on a channel that's all for saving animals their information should be true and solid.

I feel like we are going in circles here.....I agree that they probably should set a better example. But I will repeat myself in saying that it is not the show's fault if you don't do your research.

I know you should do research but people don't

But as stated before, should we blame the show for people not doing their homework? They don't set the greatest examples, however not doing research is inexcusable.

We are definitely just going in circles now, so after this I will refrain from repeating myself again until I see new evidence presented.

the main point of the show, IMO, is to show that if you can imagine the tank you can create it. but everything else is garbage. when i saw the bubble gum tank they built for Serendipity restaurant outside, even someone like me knew algae is going to be a bi**h.

But as stated before, should we blame the show for people not doing their homework? They don't set the greatest examples, however not doing research is inexcusable.

We are definitely just going in circles now, so after this I will refrain from repeating myself again until I see new evidence presented.

I get what your saying but its animal planet a show about learning about animals ... They would do a show where they mistreat dogs and act like its okay. That's all I'm saying.

the main point of the show, IMO, is to show that if you can imagine the tank you can create it. but everything else is garbage. when i saw the bubble gum tank they built for Serendipity restaurant outside, even someone like me knew algae is going to be a bi**h.

Ya I agree I like their tanks but the image of what a fish ya m can be they don't set good examples what soever

+++1 I think they're a little smarter about it. Yes they shouldn't do it. But it's entertainment regardless of what channel it's on.

+++1 I think they're a little smarter about it. Yes they shouldn't do it. But it's entertainment regardless of what channel it's on.

I mean when TLC the learning channel put honey boo boo on channels just threw away all their principals in exchange for $$$$

I know it happened before that but I guess their was no money in educational video . Frankly I like f all the documentaries way more than these over produced reality shows.

Back
Top Bottom