Tang police

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On a plus note, this group has tended to speak positively about several suppliers. Bulk Reef, Taotronics, Liveaquaria to name some favorites. But a thread with this name was bound to get attention. :)

True that u would think folks would want knowledge of bad lfs to be put out. I would think it would get em to change their practices.

I always have good look at the state of fish when go in the lfs as tells a lot about the people running it. Mine must hate me as always pointing out ill or dead fish and most of the tangs are covered in spots so ain't bought a fish from there for some time now.there tanks are the shop display ones where all the tanks are joined in the same unit and have same sump so what ever nasty can spread easy to other fish

I'm lucky where I live we have 3 of the different chain stores and a little over a year ago a dedicated lfs that mainly stocks saltwater fish. Since they opened one of the chains has stopped selling fish altogether, another never had any saltwater, and third has hired a new employee that is in the hobby and knowledgeable to revamp there whole fish section. I try to buy all of my stuff from the small individual owned lfs.

I'm lucky where I live we have 3 of the different chain stores and a little over a year ago a dedicated lfs that mainly stocks saltwater fish. Since they opened one of the chains has stopped selling fish altogether, another never had any saltwater, and third has hired a new employee that is in the hobby and knowledgeable to revamp there whole fish section. I try to buy all of my stuff from the small individual owned lfs.

I agree, I haven't found chain stores have a clue. We have a small privately owned LFS here that is pretty dedicated. I try to give them the bulk of my business.

Back
Top Bottom