tank background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's some old photos I have....

75G

DSC_3426.JPG

DSC_3575.JPG

DSC_3576.JPG

DSC_3593.JPG

29G

DSC_3608.JPG

DSC_3609.JPG

DSC_3612.JPG

Just remember that if you are painting it like these, do several thin coats. Paint runs on glass really easy. Even if the tank is on it's side, if there's a slight slope and you spray thick, it will run a little. I did my 75G on the stand, so I really had to be careful and do real thin coats. And it's going to take you more than one can. The 29G I think took 2 cans. If you don't, the thin areas will show light through the paint. I also used a flashlight to check for the light spots and did extra coats over the thin areas after it all dried.

I made my own background, well me and Lilly. We just drew it on construction paper. It doesn't look professional but she's 8 and it makes her happy. We drew some goldfish that she couldn't have in her 10gallon a space ship with aliens abducting a fish and then she drew another frank lol my leporinus.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
amazing tanks i like the background on the 29g alot

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

I second that. The sparkling black is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I paint my tank backgrounds black. It really brings out the colors of the fish and plants, and costs $1.97 to do.

i went to get one today but there were charging by foot wich kinda pissed me off kus it didnt say that it was 1.29 pft so i said forget it n left it behind

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

So if anyone else has an acrylic tank and wants to paint it...I read two different options:
A) krylon-fusion paint (which I guess is a spray?)
Or
B) oil-based paint with a fine roller

So if anyone else has an acrylic tank and wants to paint it...I read two different options:
A) krylon-fusion paint (which I guess is a spray?)
Or
B) oil-based paint with a fine roller

Don't use the paint and roller? I had no choice to go that route 1 time and it was the most horrible thing I'd ever seen.

Gillie said:
Don't use the paint and roller? I had no choice to go that route 1 time and it was the most horrible thing I'd ever seen.

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom