Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Ok .. I got to the heavily planted post ... Alright Convict ... officially this could work and you may even get some $$$ on the side. Now, I'm going to get some Advil.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha imagine I now felt lol. Yes now she want all plants and driftwood with ALOT of neons.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:13 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

*sensing a reality show in the making*
Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

With the extra 200 dollars your wife can get new summer thunderstorm boots, a new fx-5 and a few new bubblers to drive you crazy with. Somehow convict reminds me of George Jetson handing money over to his gold digging wife haha.... Convict your screwed dude.

One thing I told my wife is dont volunteer me for anything. I get sold out to do computer repairs to her family members cuz I used to work for best buy and staples before i got into the railroad business.

I mean its a nice idea this tank but I would think some water flow would be required. You could always look into somehow scaping a waterfall into this tank which is fed through tubing through a hole in the bottom which goes into a seperate tank which is filtered then through the power of suction fed into the waterfall giving some natural water flow. And don't ask me to draw a picture because it ain't gonna happen! My drawing would look like a 9 month old making spaghetti art in a high chair
Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

So who wants this tank? Your wife or her rich student?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have Diana Walstad's book. Its not light reading and is full of chemistry. I tried it on a 10 gallon but I decided to use a filter until the plants got started. I hate it. The water always looks dirty and never looks as nice as the pictures of Walstad's own actual tanks. SHe even does this stuff in big bowls. Anyway her book is available on Amazon.

Brenna
brennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald76 View Post
So who wants this tank? Your wife or her rich student?
Her rich client! I can't believe the money this women has!! I just don't know I'd I wanna get involved. She seems like one of those people that would call and bother me all the time lol.

I really wish my wife said "yeah he has a fish tank and feeds them Burger King, he said he said its good for them, you sure you want him to do your tank?"

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 02-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Make your wife go with you to the house to do the maintenance work, she probably won't want to then you won't have to worry about it.

Plan two open a new business on the side and do this for all the rich firends.

Plan three, find some one, a company/person who already has this type of business. Maybe there is someone who is completely familiar to this Singapore style /Walstead Method fish tank deal. No extra money for you but no head ache either!!! And a small business person wins!!!

My 37G JEBO tank has a built in filter in the back and when I move it in a week or so I will be be doing a modified, half Bradbury, regular planted designed bottom, with the plants growing out of the top tray, which is located in the back, behind the light on top. Arrowhead, Spiderplant, and several dwarf Anthurium houseplants. Moderately lightly stocked till I see how it works out.

May I just say your life is so interesting..... What will the next adventure hold...!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

My luck I'll help this lady and her whole Eco system will crash and I'll get sued and lose everything and start all over again with a little goldfish!!

Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
My luck I'll help this lady and her whole Eco system will crash and I'll get sued and lose everything and start all over again with a little goldfish!!
What's going on here? I thought Aquariums were supposed to be relaxing?

As for the bigger tank vs wife ... sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than permission. ..........

Tags
filter, tan, water changes

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com