Tank Size...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

millipede

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I thought I had a 55 gallon tank or at least 50... but I used the calculator and the INside measurements and came up with about 46 gallons... So am I wrong to guess that's supposed to be a 50 gal tank? I know this has probably been discussed before but I'm having a hard time searching for it. When they sell you a tank at a store and say it's so many gallons, is it really? I'm sure this is a standard size tank but I need to find a cover for it... it has a center brace so when you look at the top there are two sections... Basically thought I need a cover well suited for some non-aquatic critters that would be able to find their way out if there is one. I went to petco the other day and the only thing they had the size I needed was a glass top for almost 50 dollars... not only is that a lot of money but I need something that I can not only put my light on but has adequate ventilation... I have considered making something myself but to make it functional and halfway decent to look at is probably more trouble than I want right now... I really need to set the tank up soon though... any thoughts...?

The glass tops are the only thing I have seen around here, other than the wire tops I use for my QT tank that are really for reptiles.

when I said "non-aquatic critters" I was referring to reptiles and such. I have a snake or two I want to put in it. For anyone that has never had one snakes are escape artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom