Tank Worries!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keithhjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So boarded my airplane on way to Hawaii, and I keep thinking to myself "hope fish & corals are alive when I get back and there are no sump flooding or return pump running dry castrophes" lol.

Keithhjs said:
So boarded my airplane on way to Hawaii, and I keep thinking to myself "hope fish & corals are alive when I get back and there are no sump flooding or return pump running dry castrophes" lol.

Ah darnit! I wish you could have posted this a couple of days earlier! I had a huge routine that i preformed before my trip for over 2 weeks...and nothing died! Goodluck try not to think about the tank. Thatll just stress you out!

Keithhjs said:

I'm sure you'll be fine. Enjoy Hawaii!! It's beautiful!!!

Before I went on a cruise I did two small water changes per day , then I did a 60% change on the day before. When I came home after 18 days a panda cory, guppy and a couple others died. I performed a 50% water change immediately , all the others survived.

Samzter said:
Before I went on a cruise I did two small water changes per day , then I did a 60% change on the day before. When I came home after 18 days a panda cory, guppy and a couple others died. I performed a 50% water change immediately , all the others survived.

I'm sure that's what he wanted to hear....

Think positive bro, enjoy your vacation and all will be ok.

Oh and sorry you lost fish Samzter.

Convict2161 said:
I'm sure that's what he wanted to hear....

Think positive bro, enjoy your vacation and all will be ok.

Oh and sorry you lost fish Samzter.

Oh no it's only cuz one of the people caring for it fed way too much! Don't worry though I'm sure it's fine. That was just my experience sorry if I scared you. Lol.

Mahalo all!

Now that I'm here it's time to enjoy the BIG reef up close & personal.

Keithhjs said:
Mahalo all!

Now that I'm here it's time to enjoy the BIG reef up close & personal.

Hawaii is awesome, the flight sucks though lol. Which island are you on?

George9 said:
Hawaii is awesome, the flight sucks though lol. Which island are you on?

True about the flight, especially with an exceptionally unruly 2 1/2 yr old lol. Yeah, my little guy was THAT kid on the plane, ya know the loud, I want to take my clothes and diaper off & run around kid, haha. Anyways, on the big island and just swam with the green turtle on the lagoon, and had food watching the dolphins jumping here at the resort. My son is amazed cuz every tidepool here has fish like yellow tangs (momma's fish as he calls them) and butterfly fish, and many more

Are you in waikaloa? I might have been to that hotel before. Hilton waikaloa vilage. I don't trust anyone with my aquariums when I travel.

bettaowner said:
Are you in waikaloa? I might have been to that hotel before. Hilton waikaloa vilage. I don't trust anyone with my aquariums when I travel.

Yup that's the hotel. I'm trying to have faith in my "fishsitter", but trust is another thing lol.

So far just snorkeling at the hotel lagoon, not enuff time to scuba this trip. Si far though been really good. Saw an awesome spotted boxfish today. Also one of the hotel's dolphins had a baby couple days ago.

Attachments

• image-2281116945.jpg
    image-2281116945.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 64
Hawaii is great! I went to the garden island. The fish swarm your feet wanting food! Just watch out for urchins, they are everywhere. When I was on the beach I saw whales jumping. I hope you have fun! ( Be warned, once you've seen the sights you'll never want to leave, it makes you want to live there!)

Yep I do want to live here. Btw some of the best snorkeling I've ever done was in Kauai. We tried the Big Island this time cuz we hadn't been to this one yet. My favorite is still Maui tho, so pretty & so much to do there too.

Awesome trip to the volcano yesterday too!

Attachments

• image-2970918402.jpg
    image-2970918402.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3568310677.jpg
    image-3568310677.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image-1826703961.jpg
    image-1826703961.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 59
Keithhjs said:
Yep I do want to live here. Btw some of the best snorkeling I've ever done was in Kauai. We tried the Big Island this time cuz we hadn't been to this one yet. My favorite is still Maui tho, so pretty & so much to do there too.

Awesome trip to the volcano yesterday too!

Coool! I agree, the best snorkeling is on Kauai, went there this year and it was freaking great! Let me know if you see a longnose butterfly, that's the fish I wanted but didn't get to see this year

Back
Top Bottom