Tanked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think a tank in an old tube t.v. is a cool idea (I guess i haven't seen that episode) if its done the right way. As in guting it, reinforcing it, then carefully pricing a tank into it in some careful way. Honestly I might pay to get one.

Lt. said:
I think a tank in an old tube t.v. is a cool idea (I guess i haven't seen that episode) if its done the right way. As in guting it, reinforcing it, then carefully pricing a tank into it in some careful way. Honestly I might pay to get one.

Ya. The tank did look pretty cool but the fish they added certainly was for show!

Pizza101 said:
Ya. The tank did look pretty cool but the fish they added certainly was for show!
I know huh. I'd be surprised if the most of the fish they put in the tanks during filming stayed in for more than a month after filming.

Gregcoyote said:
Was at the LFS Saturday dropping off coral when a young lady, college student, came in to buy a saltwater setup she intended on installing in an old tv. I bit my tongue and scurried out before I told her what a stupid idea that was. I am already type cast as the old nutty professor.

Mumma.of.two is doing that now and her tank looks really nice. I think she put a 17g in the tv

I have only watched one episode and the reason is cause when I did it made me so mad I couldnt watch it again. They put a 3' snake in a 1' tank. When they added fish they literally just threw them in and every tank they do is extremely overstocked and it drove me crazy!

I guess I am kind of a purist. I am into the stuff in the tank and less interested in window dressing like it being in an old tv. Practical side of me says how do you clean it, hang lights in it, build a filter, etc? I don't consider it a work of art. To me reefs are kind of a gardening project. But each to their own, as long as you aren't building a fish and coral killing machine.

I like Tanked, its what got me to want fish tank again. After finding out some more info on fish though I did start to wonder how they put so many fish in those tanks. I will admit they make great looking tanks and if I could have one I would. I would just stock it myself, or let some other professionals help. I can see how the people who pay for those tanks never have to touch them though. Hell if I had enough money for a 30,000 dollar tank I'm sure I would not want to be the one cleaning it.

I do enjoy cleaning my tank I guess it's a sense of pride thing knowing I'm helping a small ecosystem....

I have never seen the other fish show. It's on National Geographic? I'll have to check it out I get the channel but have never seen that show one, hopefully I can find it on demand and watch it that way.

Fish Tank Kings is on National Geographic. Based in Florida, they are pretty much like Tanked. Except they have a biologist (Francis) on board that they seem to not like listening to. Management hates doing reefs and have only reluctantly done one on the show, but it was very nice and thought out well. Their attitude is that less than 10% of the customers are capable of keeping a reef, so they insist on maintenance contracts. Good move on their parts IMO. They sell a lot of artificial coral, that looks like plastic flowers to me.

Last edited:
Musicfreak said:
I like Tanked, its what got me to want fish tank again. After finding out some more info on fish though I did start to wonder how they put so many fish in those tanks. I will admit they make great looking tanks and if I could have one I would. I would just stock it myself, or let some other professionals help. I can see how the people who pay for those tanks never have to touch them though. Hell if I had enough money for a 30,000 dollar tank I'm sure I would not want to be the one cleaning it.

I do enjoy cleaning my tank I guess it's a sense of pride thing knowing I'm helping a small ecosystem....

I have never seen the other fish show. It's on National Geographic? I'll have to check it out I get the channel but have never seen that show one, hopefully I can find it on demand and watch it that way.

I think it's on a secondary channel called nat geo wild, something like that.

I think it's on a secondary channel called nat geo wild, something like that.
Oh ok, I think you are right. Well hopefully next time it's on I can watch it. I think I've seen it on there before but at the time I did not get the channel.

Anyone watch the new episodes tonight? Cool tanks but I saw where they added 12 clowns in 1 tank... Isn't that frowned upon?

I don't agree with a number of their methods, but this time I can't disagree with them. In the wild clown fish are always in schools. Dozens of them. So adding them all at once to the right environment is the only, or at least the least violent method of getting a school of clowns.

But a children's pediatric ward is the best place on earth for a fish tank like that one. I just hope somebody maintains it well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom