Tanked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ferraris should not be getting dirty ... On the actual topic, im frustrated with the messages the show sends, but then again mainstream media ruins everything so its nothing new

huma-huma said:
Ferraris should not be getting dirty ... On the actual topic, im frustrated with the messages the show sends, but then again mainstream media ruins everything so its nothing new

So wrong huma. Ferraris SHOULD be getting dirty out on the track. Why else would you pay so much for a hand built finely tuned Italian masterpiece ;)? Rich people just don't appreciate things like I would haha

Mrc8858 said:
So wrong huma. Ferraris SHOULD be getting dirty out on the track. Why else would you pay so much for a hand built finely tuned Italian masterpiece ;)? Rich people just don't appreciate things like I would haha

Well thats excuseable lol

The only thing I like about that show is when they go and buy the fish.

same here, they dumb everything down so much. (but i guess thats their job)

and after seeing a few episodes how do they get any business? They never seem like they have a clue of whats going on. Why they dont measure everything religiously is beyond me. But i guess it is televisoin and non-hobbyists need some suspense..

Uncle Dirty said:
Again, there is a lot behind the scenes otherwise an episode would last days and not an hour!

Definitely true.

I only wish that Animal Planet would make a show on proper aquarium husbandry. Kind of like the dog whisperer, but for aquarist who are struggling with how to properly turn around their tanks from "holy c$@p... I need help!" to "it's so beautiful, thank you!". I mean, the channel boasts that it's goal is to educate pet keepers and reduce or expose animal cruelty. Most fish keepers don't go on sites like this one to educate themselves and get help from experienced hobbyist. A TV show aimed to deal with that would be amazing!

when i recently started my 75 gallon, it took a good while before I put in my first fish. my mom, who loves the show, wondered why it took me so long to do this when the guys on tv does it in no time. I had to explain everything you guys talked about here, the cycle times, and basically what they dont tell you on tv. for those that dont know it does send the wrong message.

for me to have so many tanks, I just cant "look at them" and not be involved with them. I dont care how much money I have. that's why alot of these tanks fail. people want the pretty tanks but dont know a thing about them otherwise.

Audiew said:
The vault episode was not my favorite for sure.

Ditto, I liked the pond but I hardly saw them doing much work at all. If it was just Wade I would enjoy it much more. I can't believe Brett is afraid to touch a dang fish.

christine2012 said:
Ditto, I liked the pond but I hardly saw them doing much work at all. If it was just Wade I would enjoy it much more. I can't believe Brett is afraid to touch a dang fish.

I know. What's up with that? I guess they didn't grow up fishing out in New Jersey.

Maybe it's like some people who are squeamish about cutting up a raw chicken before cooking it.

Or perhaps he was just trying to give the people watching the show something to talk about.

CorallineAlgae said:
I know. What's up with that? I guess they didn't grow up fishing out in New Jersey.

Maybe it's like some people who are squeamish about cutting up a raw chicken before cooking it.

I am one of those people lol but that's a really good point! At the same time though its part of the job haha

tracy morgan episode bother anyone else? Maybe hes just not my favorite but he seems so fake, like he turns on his personality as soon as the cameras come on. :facepalm:

Aslo shark tank.. How original.

Pony of the Sea said:
tracy morgan episode bother anyone else? Maybe hes just not my favorite but he seems so fake, like he turns on his personality as soon as the cameras come on. :facepalm:

I know what you mean but do you think any of them would be like that 1 on 1 away from the camera. You have to give them some credit though cause honestly, how do you think you would act knowing millions of people are about to watch every move you make haha

Pony of the Sea said:

Its his home and he wanted a gigantic shark tank.... Owning/building an aquarium is not about how "original" it can be, its about building and stocking it to your own pleasure... Dont knock him because he likes sharks

Back
Top Bottom