Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

They should at least explain that they are using bottled bacteria so that people that do not know better don't make the mistake of just throwing fish into a non-cycled tank.

It is absolutely possible to cycle in days. I used Dr Tim's on my tank. Took less than a week, no problems three months later. I heard about their products, looked them up, saw testimonials online and decided to give it a try. I'm not sure I would trust other brands. These guys seem to have some science to back their product up. The others don't seem as convincing to me.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tod I stand behind your opinion I just watch the show bc the beautiful tanks they build. Like said in my earlier comment there's a lot of behind the scenes we don't see I know this from personal experience from a close friend that did a show for speed channel

Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Freak

I feel like a hipicrit but I had to do a rush acclimation tonight bc of an unexpected errand
Old 08-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve silbernagel
I feel like a hipicrit but I had to do a rush acclimation tonight bc of an unexpected errand
Hear hear lost a purple fire fish .. to boot my daughter picked it out.. i only temp ed it droped it in .. being five years old im going to have to buy a new pne before tomorrow ... had i known i was making a dumb choice i woulda went for the 70 dollar one thats less common..( hitachi) sorry for mis spelling.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Im just happy i started a thread that created a good debate.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith
Im just happy i started a thread that created a good debate.
They may merge the thread, there is multiple threads on ATM and the cycle issue.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

I finally got to see the TracyMorgan shark tank episode. They actually mentioned that they had to wait a few days for the bacteria to get to good levels. That was it though. Kinda cool how he had so many other tanks in his place too.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

He has a lot invested. I wonder if he ever touches them himself. I want to see the episode when they have to remove a 300 pound shark from his basement up those stairs.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

He, and other people with lots of money, probably don't ever do anything more than enjoy their tanks when they are home. They have professional cleaning services do the "work". In his case, he is probably not around enough to care for the tanks, but his fiancée and kid seemed to like them too. I'm not sure that is all bad though. To me, it's like saying that if you have the money to purchase an exotic sports car, you have to wash it and do tune-ups yourself. Aquariums obviously deal with living creatures, but as long as someone is caring for them, to me it does not matter who. I think people on boards like this probably get a deeper appreciation out of the hobby. I'd be the rich guy who cleaned his own tanks and I'd probably wash my exotic sports car if I ever got one too.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd
He, and other people with lots of money, probably don't ever do anything more than enjoy their tanks when they are home. They have professional cleaning services do the "work". In his case, he is probably not around enough to care for the tanks, but his fiancée and kid seemed to like them too. I'm not sure that is all bad though. To me, it's like saying that if you have the money to purchase an exotic sports car, you have to wash it and do tune-ups yourself. Aquariums obviously deal with living creatures, but as long as someone is caring for them, to me it does not matter who. I think people on boards like this probably get a deeper appreciation out of the hobby. I'd be the rich guy who cleaned his own tanks and I'd probably wash my exotic sports car if I ever got one too.
I was once told if you have the money to buy that car you have the money to have someone detail it.. NO.. If i had someone do it, I wouldnt appreciate the fact i was the one that was able to get it dirty.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com