Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickriley2010 View Post

Ya I had that thought also
Then why the almost universal reports of massive die offs once the camera crew is gone?

Old 06-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #112
AA Team Emeritus

I'm not sure we can say universal.. I don't remember the exact episode but they were trying to stock a tank with large sharks. They went to a past customers house and took a shark that was getting too big for the tank they made him. They swapped him with a new smaller shark. To me that shows they care, somewhat. Maybe the personal tanks get a little extra care than the corporate (disposable mindset) customers?

Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post

Then why the almost universal reports of massive die offs once the camera crew is gone?
+1 Greg

I really don't care about the prep work they do. What i care about is if their tanks maintain a good environment for the livestock? Unfortunately the clear answer here is no. It's situations and people like this that put our hobby at risk....
Old 06-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by meegosh View Post
I'm not sure we can say universal.. I don't remember the exact episode but they were trying to stock a tank with large sharks. They went to a past customers house and took a shark that was getting too big for the tank they made him. They swapped him with a new smaller shark. To me that shows they care, somewhat. Maybe the personal tanks get a little extra care than the corporate (disposable mindset) customers?
I think that was Fish Tank Kings.
If there are reports of successful ATM installs (other than the church system which has a professional staff) lets hear them.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

If there are reports of successful ATM installs (other than the church system which has a professional staff) lets hear them.
It was an ATM tank, I just can't remember who got the re-homed sharks...maybe it was the Orthodontist build?

Mr Saltwater Tank had a recent interview with the guys from FTK and they kinda allude to the fact that they have to chop a lot of footage to get the storyline into one show. I'm sure ATM does as well, but at least FTK seems to not have the terrible compatibility issues and they talk about doing things correctly. They also kinda take a passive aggressive shot at ATM by saying some of their builds take months and they are not out to do quick builds/installs. Of course they do not mention ATM, but you know who they are talking about.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

They have that biologist Francis as well. They don't seem to listen to him much, but he does know his business.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #117
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:

I've never seen fish tank kings so I'm fairly certain it was an early episode of atm. I believe it was in a doctor or dentists office. It was a huge 14' oval shark tank that essentially made a wall.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meegosh View Post
I've never seen fish tank kings so I'm fairly certain it was an early episode of atm. I believe it was in a doctor or dentists office. It was a huge 14' oval shark tank that essentially made a wall.
Your absolutely correct meegosh. It was late season 1 or early season 2. I can't remember exactly but I think it's early season 2. I recently saw that episode(we are currently on season 2), we are a few seasons behind over here!!. The sharks were swapped from a private customer to a dentists office.....
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Fish Tank Kings did something similar with a nurse shark that grew up in a Pet store.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Did anyone actually think to contact ATM to get their side of the story? I've emailed them a couple of times and had very prompt responses to both of my questions. It's pretty easy to sit back and critique someone while playing the proverbial armchair quarterback, it's something entirely different when your actually playing the game!

HUKIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com