Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by okapizebra View Post
I have been to and visited a tank they built and watched the fish suffer and die.
Wouldn't that fall into the responsibility of the actual owners?

Old 06-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #132
Aquarium Advice Activist

I was super glad to see a show that I cared to see, but the second season seems to be focused on the jokes and personal relationships... I am going to stop watching Tanked and see if Other shows can give more of what most people on this thread are seeking

Old 06-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post

Then why the almost universal reports of massive die offs once the camera crew is gone?
I was just saying It crossed my mind this was the first I had heard About it .
Old 06-07-2013, 02:01 AM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkairos View Post
I was super glad to see a show that I cared to see, but the second season seems to be focused on the jokes and personal relationships... I am going to stop watching Tanked and see if Other shows can give more of what most people on this thread are seeking
As far as I know its only tanked and fish tank kings I like tanked more not so much the people they over produce the show which i hate as that's my major in school. But I'm more interested in seeing the tanks. I agree though they used to show them like building parts of the tanks now they don't really do that
Old 06-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I agree, I love watching them build nice tanks, but these wierd shaped advertising tanks are silly and at best fish killers.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkairos View Post

Wouldn't that fall into the responsibility of the actual owners?
Totally agree mate. If any of my fish die jewel isn't to blame. They provide a tv program for entertainment not to educate people. If people decide they want any pet they should research it themselves before getting it. I think it's a great show, good to see them enjoying they're job and having a laugh unlike fish tank kings. You would think they were slaves building pyramids they way they go on
Old 06-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I googled for interviews with atm and the fish tank kings,
Found one of the ATM guys getting interviewed at MACNA, and basically what they said is they made the show for the non-hobbiest, and hinted that they have had actual hobbyist complain about they're show. Then they explained how how a few years ago this was a dying hobby and that they were trying to get new people in and money into the hobby.
Then i found the interview with the fish tank kings, i think its already been mentioned that mrsaltwaterank was interviewing them.
But they talked alot about the new season and how they added more process into the show, also that they set up a large quarantine system.
I think both shows have their own qualities, but one is definitely for the hobbyist and one is more to get people interested.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zactheninja View Post
I googled for interviews with atm and the fish tank kings,
Found one of the ATM guys getting interviewed at MACNA, and basically what they said is they made the show for the non-hobbiest, and hinted that they have had actual hobbyist complain about they're show. Then they explained how how a few years ago this was a dying hobby and that they were trying to get new people in and money into the hobby.
Then i found the interview with the fish tank kings, i think its already been mentioned that mrsaltwaterank was interviewing them.
But they talked alot about the new season and how they added more process into the show, also that they set up a large quarantine system.
I think both shows have their own qualities, but one is definitely for the hobbyist and one is more to get people interested.
Even the most diehard hobbyist would kill for one of their tanks. Absolutely amazing the tanks they produce. With adequate filtration the tanks would be fine. It's not for the viewers to decide wether the tanks are perfect or not but the customer. I'd love one of their tanks and if you don't agree then you need your head tested lol
Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I too would love to have one of their non-theme tanks. And I watch both shows. But, yes, some of use diehard hobbyists are put off by the livestock process they show on the air.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Freak

The tank I liked most was the one for the jackass crew. It was simple big and square. The inserts were ugly and they never look close real. But I would kill for that 1200 gallon tank!!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com